MTN Nigeria is the leader in telecommunications in Nigeria, and a part of a diverse community in Africa and the Middle East, our brand is instantly recognisable. It is through our compelling brand that we are able to attract the right talents who we carefully nurture by continuously improving our employment offerings even beyond reward and recognition.
Position Title: Coordinator, Project (Supervisory)
Employment status: Permanent
Department: Information Systems – Special Projects
- To provide comprehensive assistance in project initiation, planning, execution, control and closure to facilitate IS project related activities
- Assist with project delivery within budget (time and financial) and within defined quality criteria.
- Provide Project Manager with up-to-date financial position on all projects.
- Assist in compiling project charter including projecting project scope, problem statement and goal statement.
- Assist with project-planning in line with recommended tool sets.
- Track project activities and compliance with planning guidelines and project plans.
- Co-ordinate input and maintains plans throughout project life cycle.
- Gather project status and assist in providing with up to date information on all projects (where applicable) to Project Manager.
- Track and monitor identified risks and proactively escalate risks in accordance with related escalation rules (where applicable) and procedures.
- Measure progress per work stream and team members against weekly targets and deliverables.
- Schedule and track quality assurance reviews and assist with formal project success reviews.
- Organise and facilitate project meetings, sessions and workshops and document minutes of project meetings, weekly reports or any other reports identified as relevant to the project.
- Prepare and circulate project status update reports.
- Assist with negotiating and administering supplier contracts and service level agreements and build good working and professional relationship with suppliers and subcontractors.
- Provide insight into essential project metrics, monitor and execute SLAs to stakeholders.
- Keep abreast of business process changes and communicate these to team members.
- Continuously seek self-professional development to sharpen skills and capabilities in a versatile and evolving digital landscape.
- Foster active collaboration and relationships with employees across all levels and divisions in line with MTN’s VB and values.
- Provide professional inputs and advice to the ES Project Manager in developing a project management strategy and plan.
- Deliver project of enterprise solutions to strategic, corporate and SME accounts to meet targets for profitability and revenues, as agreed with the ES Project Manager.
- Apply best-in-class processes and procedures for effective day-to-day sales project management in support of enterprise solutions sales to strategic, corporate and SME customers.
- Work with the account manager to identify the project management requirements to support enterprise solutions sales to specific corporate and SME customers.
- Agree a set of performance project management KPI targets and measures; measure and report on sales project management performance against agreed targets.
- Ensure full integration of quality management processes within the Project Management Group and their effective deployment on a day-to-day basis.
- Ensure full compliance with telecommunications licence provisions, sector regulations and competition laws.
- Develop reports as required by the IS Project Manager
- Build and maintain relationships within and outside IS
- Support the IS Project Manager in project execution.
- Normal MTNN working conditions
- May be required to work extended hours
- Open plan office
Requirements, Experience & Training
- First degree in any related discipline
- Fluent in English
- 3- 7 years’ experience in an area of specialisation; with experience with working with others
- Experience working in a medium organization
- Project Management – PMP
- ITIL foundation
- Project planning and control
- Microsoft Project
- Business writing skills
- General management skills
- Presentation skills
- Report writing skills
- Effective time management
- Process mapping.
- BA, B.Ed, B.Eng, B.Tech, B.Sc or HND.
Application Deadline: October 29, 2018.