Paystack is a technology company solving payments problems for ambitious businesses. Paystack’s mission is to help merchants in Africa get paid by anyone, anywhere in the world. Over 9,000 of some of the best businesses in Nigeria use Paystack’s modern payments gateway, including MTN, Taxify, Domino’s Pizza, Smile Communications, Opera, God is Good Motors, Axa Mansard Insurance, and many others.
Within a little over 2 years, our close-knit team has introduced a steady cadence of innovations within the Nigerian system, such as automated recurring payments, the ability for customers to pay with only a bank account, automated chargebacks, and much more. We process well over $10 million in transactions monthly, and our double digit growth has us processing even more every month.
Position Title: Customer Service Representative
Location: Ikeja, Lagos
Job Type: Full-Time
About the Role
- We’re looking for articulate recent graduates who’re curious, empathetic, and kind, and who’re looking to launch their career at a fast-growing tech startup that cares deeply about personal and professional development.
- You’ll work side by side with a tight-knit team of creative problem solvers who’ll value you, give you the opportunity to meet high expectations, and who’ll actively create a supportive, nurturing space within which to accelerate your career.
- Our team is small but highly accomplished, so your voice will be heard and your ideas will make meaningful contributions to the business.
- Paystack is one of the largest payments companies in Nigeria (with plans to expand across Africa), so as a member of the team, you’ll engage with literally thousands of businesses, learning a lot about different business models and industries, and about how money moves within Nigeria and across the continent.a
- This is a full-time role based in Paystack’s headquarters in Ikeja, Lagos, Nigeria.
What You’ll Be Doing
- Answer questions from merchants and their customers via email, social media, and livechat
- Respond to inbound and outbound phone calls
- Process routine merchant requests such as business activation requests
- Escalate thorny issues to the Product Specialist team for fast resolution
- Maintain the self-serve Help Desk knowledge base
- Highlight ideas for how to improve the product and better serve businesses and their customers
What it Takes to Succeed at this Role
- Are an excellent writer and speaker, able to take complex ideas and explain them in plain language
- Have an endless capacity for patience and calm, even when everyone around you is freaking out
- Embody the principle of servant leadership: you have genuine empathy for business owners, and you’re happy to go the extra mile to help them succeed
- Appreciate the importance of following up: either with members of the Paystack team on behalf of customers, or following up with customers to assure them that their issue is being worked on
- Are interested in learning all you can about how to provide world-class customer service
- Competitive salary
- Housing assistance
- Full medical coverage
- MacBook Pro
- Gym membership
- Free lunch
- Smart, kind colleagues who’re invested in your growth
Application Deadline: 11:59 pm; 21st October, 2018.
Application Instructions – Read carefully!
In your application:
- Please attach your CV / Resume
- Attach a Cover Letter – your cover letter should explain how your skills and experiences make you uniquely qualified to excel in this role.
- Answer the accompanying application questions – there’ll be further instructions about how best to answer these questions on the page
- Aptitude Test: after you submit this application form, you’ll automatically receive an email with a link to an online aptitude test. Please complete the aptitude test as soon as possible. Your application will not be considered complete until the aptitude test is submitted.