Dream Mesh is a disruptive technological firm that aspires to bring creative and innovative solutions that will power you, your business and your brand to greater profitability. Our world class team promises to innovate and deliver business solutions that will optimize productivity, efficiency and profitability of your business.
We are currently recruiting into the following position:
Position Title: Database Administrator
The job of the database administrator to keep our database up and running smoothly 24/7. The goal is to provide a seamless flow of information throughout the company, considering both backend data structure and frontend accessibility for end-users.
- Build database systems of high availability and quality depending on each end user’s specialised role
- Design and implement database in accordance to end users information needs and views
- Define users and enable data distribution to the right user, in appropriate format and in a timely manner
- Use high-speed transaction recovery techniques and backup data
- Minimise database downtime and manage parameters to provide fast query responses
- Provide proactive and reactive data management support and training to users
- Determine, enforce and document database policies, procedures and standards
- Perform tests and evaluations regularly to ensure data security, privacy and integrity
- Monitor database performance, implement changes and apply new patches and versions when required
- 3+ years of experience as a database administrator
- Proven experience with database standards and end user applications
- Excellent knowledge of data backup, recovery, security, integrity and SQL
- Familiarity with database design, documentation and coding
- Previous experience with DBA case tools (frontend/backend) and third party tools
- Familiarity with programming languages API and Database Management Systems
- Problem solving skills and ability to think algorithmically
- Bachelor’s degree in a Computer discipline. Other relevant certification will be of advantage
Application Deadline: February 2, 2018.