Mobil Producing Nigeria Unlimited (MPN) and Esso Exploration and Production Nigeria Limited (EEPNL) are subsidiaries of Exxon Mobil Corporation with a long and established history of operations in Nigeria. The companies’ oil & natural gas production business is one of the largest sources of revenue for the Nigerian government and economy.
As a result of organizational growth, career opportunities exist for ambitious and result-oriented Engineers to work in the capacity below:
Position Title: Design Engineer
The successful candidate will provide direct and specific design engineering support in the Civil /Structural area to project teams and will oversee the Civil/Structural design work of selected design engineering contractors.
- The successful candidate will have technical and engineering knowledge in the area of Civil/Structural Engineering and must be able to work in a team setting.
The ideal candidate must meet the following requirements:
- At least a Bachelor’s degree with a minimum of second Class Upper Division (2.1) in Civil or Structural Engineering
- 5 – 10 years technical and engineering experience in the area of Civil / Structural Engineering
- Working knowledge of applicable industry codes and standards
- Ability to carry out necessary surveys required to develop environmental loading demands and ability to interpret as well as apply the results
- Experience in interpreting soil reports and applying soil mechanics principles for design (foundation, piling, earthworks, drainage, undergrounds etc.)
- Familiarity with relevant industry engineering software and applications
- Demonstrated ability to apply fundamental knowledge of Civil/Structural systems design, layout and operation
- Experience in developing and reviewing deck design loading
- Experience in reviewing and verifying structural drawings and modeling foundation properties for structural analysis
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- Demonstrated technical competence and leadership ability
- Ability to take initiative and work in a multi-disciplinary team setting
- NYSC discharge or exemption certificate.
This position offer competitive compensation and benefit packages commensurate with what is obtainable in the upstream oil & gas industry
Application Deadline: 4th December, 2018.