Mobil Producing Nigeria Unlimited (MPN) and Esso Exploration and Production Nigeria Limited (EEPNL) are subsidiaries of Exxon Mobil Corporation with a long and established history of operations in Nigeria. The companies’ oil & natural gas production business is one of the largest sources of revenue for the Nigerian government and economy.
As a result of organizational growth and the associated opportunities within the Controllers function, career opportunities exist for ambitious and result oriented individuals to fill the position of:
Position Title: Drilling Engineer
Job Segment: Electronics Engineer, Engineer, Electrical, Offshore Oil, Technical Support, Engineering, Energy, Technology
The successful candidate will support opportunity generation and maturation – work program planning and execution.
Job Role Responsibilities
- Ensuring the application of the best available economical technology in drilling and completions operations
- Preparing well cost estimates, equipment selection and application, program execution surveillance, improvement of daily progress and follow-up assessments
- Preparing, and revising when necessary, a complete drilling or completions program. Work closely with cross-functional team to assure the program is based on all available geological and drilling information from other wells in the area (if any)
- Monitoring drilling operations according to safety and quality control standards, environmental regulations, corporate policy, and contract terms
- Providing rig site technical support to Drilling & Subsurface Supervisors during procedure execution activities including but not limited to critical operations, well control situations or abnormal pressure detection
- Analyzing drilling performance at intermediate depths and upon completion of the well. Work with Operations personnel and third party service partners to implement changes in procedures and equipment based on results of analyses
- Devising cost-effective techniques to drill, complete, and rework company-operated wells
- Preparing final well reports with strong emphasis on lessons learned.
- The successful candidate will have a strong drilling and completion engineering background with the ability to assure application of the best available economical technology in planning andexecuting drilling, completions and workover operations.
- Must be self-motivated with the ability to make effective individual contributions within a functional team.
The ideal candidate must meet the following requirements:
- At least a Bachelor’s degree with a minimum of second Class Upper Division (2.1) in any of the following engineering disciplines: Mechanical, Chemical, Civil, Petroleum, Electrical/Electronics, and Subsea
- Evidence of 5 – 10 continuous years of drilling and cognate operations experience. Advanced technical skills in Drilling Engineering including directional drilling, borehole management, casing design, cementing, abnormal pressure detection, bit selection, drilling fluids
- Ability to work in, and develop all phases of drillwell operations; from well design and planning to execution
- In addition to the drilling experience, the position requires an individual who brings a wellrounded knowledge and exposure to completion and workover activities
- Excellent computer skills – familiarity with relevant drilling engineering software and applications
- Good understanding of basic safety practices in oil and gas offshore operations
- Ability to work within a team with good interpersonal skills and to thrive in a multidisciplinary, multi-cultural environment
- Support creativity and possess good coordination skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Uncompromising integrity
- NYSC discharge or exemption certificate
- Readiness to work in our various work locations.
This position offer competitive compensation and benefit packages commensurate with what is obtainable in the upstream oil & gas industry.
Application Deadline: 4th December, 2018.