Mobil Producing Nigeria Unlimited (MPN) and Esso Exploration and Production Nigeria Limited (EEPNL) are subsidiaries of Exxon Mobil Corporation with a long and established history of operations in Nigeria. The companies’ oil & natural gas production business is one of the largest sources of revenue for the Nigerian government and economy.
As a result of organizational growth, career opportunities exist for ambitious and result-oriented Engineers to work in the capacity below:
Posiiton Title: Environmental Engineer
The successful candidate will provide key Environmental and Regulatory support to the organization and will liaise with various governmental agencies.
Job Role Responsibilities
- Conducting Environmental studies and securing permits
- Participating in statutory environmental and regulatory audits and assessments
- Stewarding Environmental Management Plan (EMP) development and implementation for facilities/operations.
- The successful candidate will have a good knowledge of oil and gas production operations and will be conversant with Environmental Management technology and techniques as well as permitting requirements and database management.
The ideal candidate must meet the following requirements:
- At least a Bachelor’s degree with a minimum of second Class Upper Division (2.1) in any of the following engineering disciplines: Chemical, Mechanical, Civil, Petroleum, Industrial & Production, Material & Metallurgical, Safety Engineering and Risk Management
- 5 – 10 years onshore and/or offshore technical experience
- Familiarity with the Nigerian Environment Laws and Regulations
- Experience in site assessment and incident investigation
- Good knowledge of emergency response processes
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Demonstrated technical competence and leadership ability
- Ability to take initiative and facilitate meetings with multiple stakeholders/business lines
- Good analytical and problem solving skills
- Ability to work in a team setting
- NYSC discharge or exemption certificate.
This position offer competitive compensation and benefit packages commensurate with what is obtainable in the upstream oil & gas industry.
Application Deadline: 4th December, 2018.