Amaiden Energy Nigeria Limited (formerly Moody International Nigeria Limited) was established in 1996 as a partnership between Moody International Group and Nigerian investors. Since commencing operations in March 1997 the company continues to grow and exerts its presence in numerous Projects in the Nigeria Oil and Gas Industry.
Position Title: Field Operator III
Job Type: Contracts
Job Nature: Rotation-2 weeks on/ 2 weeks off
Operate equipment and wells by applying operating and safety procedures and guidelines to meet daily operational plan, reduce equipment failure and efficient resources administration
Tasks and Responsibilities
- Responsible to implement on daily work objectives, housekeeping, safety, health, environmental and security
- Active participation on daily toolbox meetings and regular, reported safety meetings
- Identify and implement corrective and optimization actions by the continuous surveillance of wells and equipment to ensure reliable, efficient and safe operational conditions
- Function as Equipment Care Technician, and routinely use Maintenance skills in performing simple maintenance activities
- Report when the alarm, emergency or emergency shutdown system is out of service
- Provide detailed, clear and accurate information when changing shift, to guarantee that unit conditions are updated and ensure operations continuity
- Coordinate, control and monitor maintenance jobs according with the corrective, predictive and preventive planning
- Report continuously in the log book all relevant operational events and abnormal situations or deviation occurred in the work area, equipment or personnel
- Take samples of products for laboratory analysis and execute field laboratory tests
- Active participation on emergency response activities
- Report incidents internally and escalate awareness as per the Incident Reporting Guidelines
- Ensure that Operations Shift Supervisor is informed and consulted about operations activities
- Ensure good communication across the work team so that issues / actions can be adequately addressed
- Provide the basic facts concerning well producing problems, current production rates, and current condition of the well
- Ensure that the well problem diagnostics are thorough and complete before requesting Well Work intervention operations
- Ensure that the wellhead and well surface equipment are maintained and are in good working order prior to Wellwork operations taking over responsibility for the well for intervention operations
- Provide assistance and support to the ongoing Wellwork operations as needed.
- Completed Secondary Education and worked previously as a Field Technician.
- Strong communications (oral & written)
- High standard of Safety, Health, Environment aptitude and cultivates the same in others.
- Extensive knowledge and/or experience of pipeline operations
- Extensive knowledge of safety and operations management tools and processes
- Strong knowledge of Emergency Preparedness Procedures
- Extensive knowledge of Project Philosophy and Design Specifications
- Knowledgeable of relevant regulations
- Knowledgeable of relevant commercial agreements.
Application Deadline: 23 October, 2018