Global Operations is GE’s multi-functional shared services. We operate worldwide, transfer knowledge and work with every GE business to make our company simpler, better and more customer-focused. Our culture promotes innovation, knowledge sharing, and collaboration in an open office environment that has leaders both sitting and working alongside their team.
Position Title: Finance Analyst – Gas Power Services, Sub Sahara Africa
Ref Id: 3189056
Job Function: Finance
Business Segment: Global Operations Financial Planning & Analysis COE
- Responsible for pacing, supporting close and reporting of Gas Power Services financials and margin reviews on multi-year agreements in the SSA region.
- The role requires strong accounting expertise, including knowledge of US GAAP and good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Weekly pacing: Organize country-level pacing calls, aggregating inputs from contract managers for review with MF and service Directors
- Consolidate country-level roll-ups to support weekly reviews between MF/SD’s and Region GM and CFO. Also update region files for submission to HQ and supervise update of pacing tool
- Support CFOA estimate process and provide analysis of key drivers and changes on a weekly basis
- Support MF in blueprint processes, including Op Plans, SII and Early Read activities
- Participate in month and quarter close activities (prepare and post MJE’s) and relevant reports and supervise daily update of pacing tool
- Reconcile balance sheet accounts including CSA deferred income & charge accounts using ART and conFIRM tools
- Support annual margin review process for CSA contracts, including but not limited to escalation calculations and other duties assigned by MF
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent from an accredited university or college /or equivalent knowledge or experience
- At least 3-5 years of experience in Finance
- Working knowledge of Contractual Services Agreement accounting and US GAAP on Revenue Recognition
- A valid NYSC discharge or exemption certificate will be required (please indicate clearly on your resume)
- Must have valid authorization to work full-time without any restriction in Nigeria.
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Working experience in Oracle, Hyperion and CCL an added advantage
- Lead initiatives of moderate scope and impact
- Effective problem identification and solution skills.
Application Deadline: Not Specified.