Breakthrough Action-Nigeria is a new five-year, USAID-funded project. The goal of Breakthrough ACTION/Nigeria is to increase the practice of 17 priority individual and household level behaviors and five provider targeted behaviors in the areas of malaria; maternal, newborn, child health and nutrition; family planning and reproductive health (RH); and tuberculosis, while increasing the capacity of national and sub-national entities to coordinate and oversee quality SBC programming. Implementation will vary by health area across eleven states.
Position Title: Finance Assistant I
Advert Code: FAS160818
Reports to: Senior Finance Officer II
Slot: 2 Openings
The Finance Assistant I under the direct supervision of Senior Finance Officer II and technical guidance from the Finance and Admin Director will assist the finance team in performing routine finance tasks and helping program staff on finance related needs were necessary.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist with raising day to day payments
- Assist with the handling of office petty cash
- Ensures that all supporting documents are available and attached to the payment vouchers
- Ensure travel and activity advances from the field offices are retired timely
- Ensure all vouchers are serially numbered and stamped paid
- Proper filling of finance documents for easy retrieval
- Make payments to participants for meetings and workshops
- Ensure proper photocopying and scanning of monthly payment vouchers
- Support the Finance Officer in submission of PAYE and Withholding Tax Cheques
- Ensure the safe receipt, handling and banking of Staff retirements funds
- Support the FCT Team with finance related field activities
- Complete other duties as assigned.
Minimum Qualifications, Skills & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree or HND in Accounting, Economics, Business Administration or related field.
- Minimum of 1 – 2 years working experience with a donor funded project, Knowledge and experience of USAID regulations is a plus. Experience using QuickBooks, Ms. Office packages especially Ms. Excel is required.
Application Deadline: 30th August, 2018.
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Cover Letters and CVs as one PDF document to: firstname.lastname@example.org The subject line of your email should be the job title and the advert code e.g “Finance Assistant I FAS160818” only (Entries with any other title format will be discarded).
Please follow the instructions EXACTLY. Any submissions that do not follow the instructions EXACTLY will be discarded without review:
- Your cover letter should include the following:
- Address the education/experience requirement specified for the position with specific examples where necessary
- Language skills. (Please note that language skills will be tested during interviews for shortlisted candidates.)
- Include the specific date when you would be able to begin work.
- CV and cover letter PDF file name must be your first and last name in CAPS (e.g.: USMAN SEGUN).
- DO NOT include any additional certificates or documentation. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.