Terra Energy Services Nigeria Limited is an indigenous Engineering and Oil and Gas Service Company incorporated in Nigeria in 2001 with expertise in providing full-service integrated solutions to clients across the entire oil and gas value chain.
We currently operate from our offices in Lagos and Port-Harcourt and aspire to become the leading provider of quality Oil and Gas Engineering Services in West Africa. At Terra Energy Services, we maintain a policy of creating a conducive environment for the attraction of the best qualified and motivated staff for performance enhancement.
Position Title: Finance Manager
Work with the CEO on the strategic vision including fostering and cultivating stakeholders as well as assisting in the development and negotiation of contracts
Identifying new funding opportunities and determining cost effectiveness of service delivery.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide strategic advice and guidance on the implementation of financial and operational plans focused on the achievement of corporate goals and objectives
- Lead development and execution of short, medium and long term financial strategy and procedures
- Ensure effective funds planning and utilization across the company
- Manage the company’s finance function, budgets and programmes and ensures prompt preparation of adequate internal and external consolidated financial reports to meet all stakeholders’ need.
- Ensure efficient financial information management for strategic, tactical and operational decision making.
- Oversee Treasury – cash flow, project funding and investment management.
- Develop and maintain effective liaison with relevant external bodies e.g. auditors, banks, solicitors, multi-lateral lending institutions and regulatory bodies
- Develop strategies for accessing and securing funds at cost effective rates
- Recommend and coordinate the implementation of strategies for investing company’s surplus funds
- Manage all financial risks across the company (e.g. foreign exchange risks, interest rate exposures etc.) and escalates issues to executive management
- Perform financial modeling and analysis
- Design effective programmes to measure and evaluate the performance of finance staff.
- Oversee the company’s accounting function, including maintaining up to date accounting records, preparing and circulating to Board members the management accounts on a monthly, quarterly and annual basis, as well as working with external Auditors to ensure timely completion, sign-off and filing of annual audited accounts.
- Develop and maintain mutually beneficial business relationships and represent the company with investors and bankers.
- Minimum of a First Degree in Accounting/Finance discipline
- An MBA or Masters in a related discipline is desirable
- 10 years work experience in the Oil & Gas sector
- Experience in Corporate Finance is an advantage
- Relevant finance/ accounting certification –CFA, ACCA, ICAN etc
- In-depth knowledge of relevant Accounting Standards and related regulations
- Experience in capital raising, investment, increasing shareholders value is desirable
- Strong communication and networking skills and ability to build strong relationships relevant to the development of business potential and partnerships.
Key Performance Indicators:
- Client satisfaction rating
- Number of tenders won
- Effectiveness of market intelligence
- Work is primarily done in a business/office environment
- High Possibility of being transferred to sister company
Application Deadline: 25th March, 2019.
Click here to apply
Note: When page opens, click on “Finance Manager”.