The Abuja Electricity Distribution Company (AEDC Plc) one of the 11 privatized Electricity Distribution companies in Nigeria that operates in the following states; Kogi, Niger, Nasarawa and Abuja, is presently recruiting for the position below:
Position Title: Head, Operational Controls
Role Purpose Statement
- This individual directs the investigation, analysis and evaluation of internal control deficiencies and analyzes complex business processes to support the development/design of appropriate internal controls that provide reasonable assurance that the company:
- Complies with all statutory regulations,
- Puts measures in place to prevent potentially illegal or unethical activities;
- Ensure the efficient management of Company resources and iv)produces IFRS-compliant financial statements
- The internal controls that are recommended and designed are also thoroughly and formally documented in the company’s process narratives and controls.
- Additionally, this position entails independent business unit and auditor interaction (preparation/review of recommendations and face/face communication), often with employees at a higher job level
- The person in this position leads the organization’s efforts in establishing an appropriate control environment in line with the company’s corporate governance
- Other key responsibilities are to develop policies and procedures, ensure their implementation and monitor compliance
- This position also works with human resources to update policy manuals and other documentation to ensure immediate compliance by all staff involved.
Major Roles / Accountabilities
- Leads special projects, such as the investigation of deficiencies or the design and implementation of controls over complex business processes across the organization, often dealing directly with directors and other executives in various business units.
- Directs process owners on the remediation of control gaps and/or deficiencies in operation.
- Maintains regular communication with process owners relating to the internal control structure while providing direction and guidance on control design, operating effectiveness, ongoing change management and effective monitoring of their controls.
- Coordinates internal controls communication and monitoring efforts.
- Acts as a liaison between all affected parties including: business owners, internal audit and external audit.
- Responsible for the regular review and certification of controls.
- Review all financial plans and budgets regularly to look for cost reduction opportunities.
- To regularly evaluate the operation of processes and controls and discuss with budget holders and/or senior management as necessary, making use of KPIs to monitor compliance.
- To lead on compliance with the Company Procedures Manual, ensuring that all procedures and policies are business focussed and communicated effectively.
- Work with the Business & Data Analysts to develop metrics and reporting tools that can be used to measure effectiveness and efficiency of processes or systems.
- Put in place processes and procedures to stop wastage and excess expenditure.
- Report on operating metrics, financial controls and improvement initiatives.
- Coordinating efforts between procurement, payroll, human resources, projects, budget.
- Evaluate Vendor selection process and review other procurement and supply chain processes.
- Improve efficiency through service delivery initiatives.
- Establish short and long term goals with department heads for policies, objectives and operating procedures.
- To lead the Operational Controls team to deliver effective and efficient processes, developing and embedding controls that safeguard our assets and manage risk appropriately.
- Determines the effectiveness of internal of control structure, policies, and procedures in
- light of ongoing business changes throughout the company, providing direct support to business units undergoing changes (i.e. systems, processes, procedures).
- Collaborates across Directorates to incorporate sound financial controls and efficient processes whilst meeting business needs.
- Analyze/review business/operation processes, and internal control design and workflows with the objective of finding out how each can be improved and create their flow maps.
- Address specific training and development needs to fill compliance gaps.
Academic and Professional Qualifications
- Bachelor’s Degree with a major in Business, Accounting, Finance, or Technical experience of internal control/compliance.
- ICAN, ACCA, ACA, Certified Internal Controls Auditor, ANAN.
- Minimum of 7 years of progressive, relevant experience (control and compliance would be added advantage).
Application Deadline: 5:00 pm GMT, 1st May, 2019.
The Cover Letter should be addressed to:
Abuja Electricity Distribution Company Plc,
1 Ziquinchor Street, Off IBB Way,
Wuse Zone 4 – Abuja, FCT,
- All applications should include CV and a Cover Letter.
- The subject of your application should be position applied for. Failure to follow the instructions will lead to disqualification of your application.