HealthPlus Limited, Nigeria’s first integrative pharmacy, is the fastest-growing pharmacy chain in West Africa. We are committed to our mission of helping people achieve optimum health and vitality, while delivering superior value to stakeholders. Our vision is to be Africa’s #1 for pharmacy, wellness and beauty. Recently, we secured significant foreign investment from our partners to scale up our network of retail outlets and our online business. This strategy will give us unparalleled reach across the country and beyond
Position Title: Head Projects
Reference #: 1
Contract Type: Permanent
- Administration, Advisory, Architectural, Business Development, Construction, Facilities & Property Manager, Quantity Surveying.
- Industries: Architectural & Interior Design, Building, Construction, Facilities & Property Management, Fmcg (Fast Moving Consumer Goods Sector), Hotel / Catering / Hospitality / Leisure, Infrastructure, Pharmaceutical / Medical / Healthcare / Hygiene, Property Development, Real Estate, Rental / Lease, Retail.
- Develop and direct strategies with the Management team for the Projects department and ensure strategies are aligned with the vision of HealthPlus Group
- Develop process, procedures and systems for the department in order to deliver the department’s strategy. The department comprises of Property Acquisition, Leasing & Value Assurance and Design & Projects
- Identify, evaluate, negotiate and manage business opportunities for branch expansion that will contribute to the organisation’s short and long term business goals
- Identify new opportunities for retail locations and business development
- Liaise and negotiate with in conjunction with management retail property developers,landlords and land owners to identify viable retail spaces and opportunities
- Handle property related issues and manage relationship with all Landlords/Estate Managers
- End-to-end management (plan, implement, manage, evaluate and review) of branch development projects such as expansion, relocation and renovation within stipulated deadlines and cost
- Liaise with and coordinate all relevant departments towards branch opening activities through the hand holding period till hand over to store management
- Liaise and partner with Facilities and Admin Services department to ensure that all physical facilities including electrical, carpentry, civil works and plumbing systems are functioning optimally
- Work with Facilities and Admin Services department to ensure that facilities meet environmental, health, and security standards, and comply with government regulations
- Plan, administer and control budgets for contracts, equipment and supplies
- Liaise with relevant government bodies to facilitate prompt processing of property related issues such as permits, certificates, fees, etc.
- Ensure only registered and accredited vendors in their areas of expertise are sourced and contracted for all supplies and services
- Source for vendors/service providers for all supplies and services
- Maintain a comprehensive database of vendors to enable swift sourcing of service providers data
- Make sure of the smooth progress of all operations until the branch opening
- Coordinate between all functional teams involved in the branch opening
- Track the quality of deliverables
- Identify and mitigate issues and risks in each phase of the project
- Timely follow-up with the management team on all issues related to new branch development
- Coordinate with internal parties on timelines and issues requiring cross departmental involvement in order to ensure proper communication and timely delivery of works completed
- Ensure high quality of project documentation
- Provide periodic and detailed status reports to the Management team.
Desired Skills & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Architecture, Building Engineering, Civil Engineering or a related field with 10 years
- Minimum experience in a structured organisation, 5 years of which must be in a managerial capacity
- Experience in the Roll out of retail chain of stores, is highly required
- Membership of a recognised professional body i.e. Project Management Institute is required
- Leadership & managerial skills
- Project management skills
- Negotiation and persuasion skills
- Excellent interpersonal and people skills
- Planning & organisational Skill
- Ability to manage time and prioritise tasks
- Strong analytical skills
- Good problem solving and decision making skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- High standard of attention to detail
- Ability to work independently, flexible, endurance and has a great willingness to travel.
- A good working Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite like Word, Outlook, and Excel.
Application Deadline: 29th November, 2018.