GlaxoSmithKline (GSK), one of the world’s leading research based pharmaceutical and healthcare companies, is committed to improving the quality of human life by enabling people to do more, feel better and live longer. GSK employs over 97,000 employees in over 100 countries worldwide.
GlaxoSmithKline Consumer Nigeria Plc is one of Africa’s largest consumer healthcare companies, producing leading brands such as Lucozade, Ribena and Panadol.
Position Title: HR Generalist – Projects
Requisition ID: WD205614
Position: Full time
Functional area: HR
Relocation: Not Indicated
- To deliver high quality HR interventions across a range of HR activities in order to enable line managers and employees to add maximum value to the business.
- Operates cross businesses, based on the demand planning requirements, mainly leading and supporting to implement HR generalist projects.
- Supports the HR Ops Lead in project management and driving country-wide HR initiatives.
- Play a key role in the delivery of projects to embed & grow the new HR Operations model and the Service Delivery Model (SDM) within the Country/Cluster
- Develop and help deliver project plans to include milestones, accountabilities, objectives, resource requirements, budgets, contingencies, and interdependencies.
- Provide support to the HRH in driving the HR agenda considering timelines, risks and resources
- Lead the implementation, and embedding of key performance and progress measures and generating data insights
- Work within the regional effectiveness agenda to coordinate process improvement activities across HR Operations increasing work efficiency and productivity
- Act as the co-ordinator for numerous governance boards and work with the Regional Ops, leading to organize the agenda, keep action notes, and manage and monitor HR Operations action items to ensure completion
- Support the Regional Effectiveness Lead SSA in co-ordinating the agenda and driving initiatives related to HR Operations in the region
- Proactively promote pragmatic and best practice approaches and interventions that drive the HR and business agenda forward
- Investigate HR and Employee Relations issues, including:
- Conducting investigation related interviews
- Drafting reports and proposing remedial action based on investigation findings
- Producing complete investigation documentation
- Support the HRH in ensuring effective communications and cascading of project information
- Own the data quality of our systems and ensure appropriate follow-up with HRMs to secure this across the region via effective management of the technology stream
Core HR Capabilities:
- Relationship Management – Builds credibility with internal customers in business and in other areas of HR
- Leading and delivering change – Delivers diverse change projects in support of the company’s strategic agenda within a culture of empowerment through personal leadership and using GSK standard tools
- HR Service Delivery – Drives and delivers effective HR Operations across businesses to deliver successful business outcomes
- HR Governance & Risk – Understands clear operating principles, structures and accountabilities and applies to HR activity so as to ensure HR risks are mitigated, company reputation is protected and related fiduciary, legal and policy duties are carried out.
- Knowledge Management – Effective application of HR information, including knowledge management systems, to support best decision making for successful business outcomes
- Data Metrics and Analytics – Use standard GSK tools and methodologies to produce and use data in a responsible way to identify patterns, trends and issues and to measure the impact of HR strategies. When consulting with leaders, use data to provide insight and support best decision making for successful business outcomes.
- Systems and Processes – Understand GSK standardised HR systems and processes in depth and apply that knowledge in an efficient, consistent and responsible way ensuring effective outcomes with a continuous improvement mindset.
- Resource Planning – Proactively manages supply and demand for HR services to ensure optimal use of resource
- University Degree
- Outstanding organizational and communication skills
- Excellent IT skills
- Project Management, business processing, change management and continuous improvement/ ADP skills
- Excellent relationship management and interpersonal skills in order to influence across businesses in a matrix structure
- Ability to exercise good judgement and initiative in finding solutions
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision and guidance
- Demonstrated ability to write clearly, succinctly in English
- Bachelor’s degree – business, law, human resources
- Proven experience effectively prioritizing workload to meet timelines and work objectives
- Demonstrate the ability to deliver in preparing investigation reports, detailing logical and accurate conclusions and providing timely updates to stakeholders
- ADP/Lean Sigma Qualified.
Application Deadline: Not specified.