IPI PowerTech, is a member of the IPT PowerTech group of companies that delivers specialized solutions to the power, industrial and telecom sectors in Africa, the Middle East and neighboring countries. Since our inception in 1993, we have grown into a leading power solutions company, combining power expertise with telecom infrastructure specialization.
We are currently recruiting into the following position:
Position Title: HR Operations Officer
Employment Type: Permanent
The HR Operations Officer will provide general administration to the HR department including, but not limited to, starter/leaver documentation, employee relations, health check information, sending contracts and conducting background checks and maintaining and efficient staff database and filling system.
- Establish and maintain the HR filing system according to legislation
- Review database integrity, identify any gaps against metrics, determine the appropriate process, team, forms etc. improvements to establish plans of improvement
- Run regular reports to check for and correct data categorization and data conflicts
- Data Collection, Capture and Filing
- Ensuring all HR forms are received from staff members on-time and entered on-time accurately
- Processing of Staff I.D card requests.
- Determine and establish a protocol for managing Line HR submission of packs on-time, including establishing and communicating any adjustments to timing
- Administration of employee New Starters, Terminations and all changes to employee records
- Create and maintain employee personal files.
- Distribute memos to regional HR to issue to concerned staff.
- Conduct compliance checks to ensure information received is appropriate and properly authorized
- Maintain Contract worker data ensuring accuracy of data for reporting
- Ensure all data is entered into Staff database and paperwork is sent to payroll every monthly before cut-off deadlines
- Consistently prepare timely and accurate reports on a regular schedule, e.g. headcount, Staff data audits, etc.
- Take on special projects as necessary
- Assist in the interview process i.e. setting up venues, preparing interview materials etc.
- Provide counselling to staff when necessary
- Conduct staff exit interview whenever an exit is about to occur
- Ensure all forms are compliant with legislation and IPI Powertech policies and procedures deciding the right players to provide input, review and sign-off.
- Issue relevant correspondences and take on special projects as necessary
- First Degree in Human Resources Management, Business Administration or other relevant fields.
- Professional Qualifications in HR (CIPM, PHRI etc.)
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in similar role.
- Experience in the Telecoms industry is added advantage.
- Working practical knowledge of Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
- Excellent administrative and organizational skills
- Self-confidence and ability to handle pressure
- Confidentiality, tact and discretion when dealing with people
- Ability to create and accurately summarize data reports
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Highly organized, excellent time management skills and able to multi task
- Ability to prioritize effectively
- Highly proactive
- Detail oriented
- High commitment and loyalty.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Analytical – Display logical reasoning.
- Problem Solving – Identify and resolve problems in a timely manner.
- Teamwork – Contributes to building a positive team spirit.
- Etiquette- Display good manners.
- Ethics – Treats people with respect
- Innovation – Display original thinking and creativity.
Application Deadline: Not Specified.