IPI PowerTech is a member of the IPT PowerTech group of companies that delivers specialized solutions to the power, industrial and telecom sectors in Africa, the Middle East and neighboring countries. Since our inception in 1993, we have grown into a leading power solutions company, combining power expertise with telecom infrastructure specialization.
Position Title: HSE Officer
Employment Type: Contract
Job Duration: Three Months
As we look to commence a Data Centre Project, we would require the services of a Construction Site HSE Officer who will in partnership with Project Manager, will be responsible for oversight and execution of the safety, health, environmental, and risk control programs within the Construction Site.
He will reviews reports, conducts audits, and delivers training to ensure optimal levels of safety and inventory performance on site.
- Participate in Construction Team meetings, plan, implement, manage, and maintain comprehensive HSE programs at project site locations.
- Provide Project Management Team and subcontractors with guidance on HSE requirements and confirm project site fulfils Company, industry, and regulatory guidelines and requirements.
- Collaborate with Safety and Project Management Teams to develop Site-Specific Safety Plans and Job Hazard Analysis (JHAs) for submittals and project tasks.
- Review subcontractor Safety Plans and JHAs for suitability and conformance to project safety expectations.
- Develop and conduct site orientation and other training, lead health and safety meetings, audits, and inspections to evaluate safety performance of site personnel, including subcontractors.
- Collaborate in developing and implementing traffic control plans as necessary for projects.
- Maintain open lines of communication with Safety and Project Management Teams on project status and prepare reports as necessary.
- Serve as primary contact for project site incident and injury notification, investigation, and follow-up.
- Responsible for onsite safety at all times.
- Control hazardous working conditions and unsafe employee activities through safety management and contacting supervisory personnel.
- Develop, oversee, implement and enforce site specific accident prevention plans and activity hazard analysis.
- Liaise with client and other team organizations on health and safety issues.
- Perform daily site safety walks, monitoring field operations’ activity, to ensure that all employees are working safely and using Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) in accordance with applicable statutory rules and regulations, contractual requirements, and Company policies and procedures.
- Compile, analyse, and interpret statistical data related to occupational illnesses and accidents.
- Document all accidents, safety violations, unsafe conditions/activities.
- Ensure proper Waste management practice on construction Site.
- Conduct daily safety and health inspections and maintain a written log documenting the following:
- Area and/or operation inspected
- Date of Inspection
- Identified Hazards
- Recommended Corrective Actions
- Actual Corrective Actions
- Date of completion of corrected action
- Perform other safety duties as required.
- First Degree in any Science or Technical field.
- Minimum of 4 years’ experience in an EHS position.
- Formal qualification and knowledge of EHS (e.g. OHS Act) Legislation and related SANS codes is desirable.
- Formal qualification in SHEQ systems (SAMTRAC, NEBOSH TQM, etc.) will be added advantage.
- Working knowledge of MS Office tools.
- Ability to work well with others under deadline situations and respond to changes in priorities.
- Good written and verbal communication skills and strong organizational skills.
Application Deadline: Not Specified