Amaiden Energy Nigeria Limited (formerly Moody International Nigeria Limited) was established in 1996 as a partnership between Moody International Group and Nigerian investors. Since commencing operations in March 1997 the company continues to grow and exerts its presence in numerous Projects in the Nigeria Oil and Gas Industry.
Position Title: Internal Auditor
Job Type: Contracts
Job Nature: Standard Schedule – 5 days on / 2 day off
- The job holder is responsible for the provision of support activities to various departments by ensuring compliance to applicable fiscal policies, practices and/or regulations and making recommendations as appropriate.
- S/he is responsible for the protection of the assets of the company. The job holder is accountable and responsible for his/her function and has authority to perform same.
- Ensure compliance in all company departments to their respective Standard Operating Procedures.
- Review daily operations of the finance and accounts departments and call over all transactions with a view to ensure correctness and completeness.
- Check and ensure that all accounting entries are correct and query if otherwise.
- Put in place the necessary internal control system geared towards ensuring all assets and liabilities of the company are well safeguarded.
- Interfaces with the external auditors on issues that have to do with the external auditing exercise of the company.
- Vetting of all payment and receipt transactions.
- Ensuring the accounting policies of the company are in consonance with the relevant standards.
- Carrying out specific investigations within the company as may be required by the management from time to time.
- Ensuring and enforcing strict adherence and compliance with the established internal control system within the company.
- Ensuring the external auditors get adequate and convincing representations on any query raised in the course of external audit exercise.
- Put in place the necessary accounting manual.
- Ensuring the existence of efficient audit trails in respect of ALL transactions carried out for the purpose of auditing.
- Ensuring compliance with all statutory provisions on tax and pension related matters.
- Conducting effective and efficient training and orientation programs for incoming staff.
- To report to management periodically on the level of compliance with policies and procedures within the company.
- Any other duties as maybe assigned.
- First degree in Accounting
- Possession of relevant Accounting professional qualification/certification:- ICAN/ACCA
- Post Graduate Qualification in Finance Management would be an added advantage.
- Minimum of 5 years experience in related job function
- Proficient use of MS package(Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Proficient use of relevant Accounting package.
- Excellent knowledge of accounting principles & best practice.
- Ability to work under pressure, meet deadlines and thrive in a fast paced work environment.
Application Deadline: 22nd November, 2018.