Our Client is a pioneer outdoor advertising firm and an industry leader in Nigeria. The Company’s outdoor advertising includes advertising in airports, street furniture and bill boards. It operates through two segments: Transit and Road Side. They now have an opening for an ambitious Internal Control and Audit Officer to be based in Lagos.
Position Title: Internal Control and Audit Officer
The Internal Control & Audit Officer is responsible for planning, directing and administering a comprehensive risk-based internal control & audit programs and planning and supervising complex financial, operational, compliance and internal control audits.
As the Internal Control Supervisor, you will be required to do the following:
- Prepare and manage the implementation of the annual internal control & audit plan ensuring that proper priorities are established and maintained.
- Identify and schedule internal control & audit projects to ensure maximum utilization of resources and coordination among internal control and audit team.
- Manage audit assurance and projects to evaluate the adequacy of controls, recommend innovative and practical solutions to remedy unsatisfactory conditions, improve operations and reduce costs.
- Discuss preliminary internal control and audit findings with management, ensure they are addressed and presents final audit results to the responsible manager for mitigation of risks and appropriate cost reduction.
- Conduct special audit projects, investigation assignments, as requested by management.
- Review and approve draft and final control and audit reports from the internal and audit team to ensure conclusiveness and accuracy in content and format, timeliness and that objective are met and reports are adequately documented.
- Keep abreast of intermediary results from audits to ensure that the annual audit plan objectives are met, required work is adequately performed and documented, and professional standards are maintained.
- Provide guidance and act as a point of escalation to ensure assigned audit staff are led and supported properly to effectively discharge their duties.
- Summarize quarterly Internal Control & Audit reports to management, Board and the audit committee.
- To undertake such other responsibilities as required and commensurate with the grade and title of the job
The Job requires you to have
- Degree in Accounting/Finance
- Must be a Chartered Accountant
- Minimum 2 years Internal Control & Audit experience.
- Very good working knowledge of MS Excel and other MS Office applications.
Application Deadline: Not Specified
Applications should be made to email@example.com using the job title as header.