The International Postgraduate Scholarship (IPS) scheme is now available at the Hong Kong Baptist University HKBU School of Business to students from all around the world for the 2019/2020 academic year.
The International Postgraduate Scholarship (IPS) scheme at the HKBU School of Business is a global initiative designed to nurture business leaders, bringing together highly talented and intellectually-motivated students from around the world to one of our selected taught postgraduate programmes. Although these young achievers come from diverse backgrounds, they have all demonstrated leadership potential and have a common interest in making a difference in the world.
Master of Accountancy
MSc in Applied Accounting and Finance
MSc in Applied Economics
MSc in Business Management
MSc in Corporate Governance and Compliance
Worth of Award
Full tuition fee waiver + allowance (HK$100,000 = ~US$12,800)
You will stand as a strong candidate if you are:
- An outstanding applicant for one of their 5 full-time postgraduate programmes from countries/ regions outside mainland China and Hong Kong
- A future leader who is determined to make a positive impact on the business community and the wider world
- Committed to take part in HKBU’s internationalisation projects and activities during the study period
- A bachelor’s degree from a recognised tertiary institution
- Proof of English proficiency by IELTS or TOEFL
Shortlisted candidates may be invited for an online interview.
How to Apply
Starting from Nov 2018, submit your application online to one of the 5 masters programmes listed above. Competition increases as the year progresses, so we recommend starting your application early.
Pay a non-refundable application fee of HK$450
No individual application for the IPS is required
Deadline: applications close February to May 2019 – Application deadline (Different deadlines applicable to different programmes.
- Late November 2018 – Start of Application
- February to May 2019 – Application deadline (Different deadlines applicable to different programmes. Please check individual programme pages for up to date information.)
- February to May 2019 – Candidates contacted for admission interview
- May 2019 – Offer of admission
- June 2019 – Student Visa Application
- September 2019 – Programme orientation and start of 1st semester