IFC—a sister organization of the World Bank and member of the World Bank Group—is the largest global development institution focused on the private sector in emerging markets. We work with more than 2,000 businesses worldwide, using our capital, expertise, and influence to create markets and opportunities in the toughest areas of the world. In fiscal year 2018, we delivered more than $23 billion in long-term financing for developing countries, leveraging the power of the private sector to end extreme poverty and boost shared prosperity. For more information, visit www.ifc.org.
Position Title: Investment Analysts
IFC is seeking Investment Analysts to support investment teams to develop new business, execute transactions and actively manage portfolio projects in any of the following industry areas: Financial Institutions; Infrastructure and Natural Resources; Manufacturing, Agribusiness and Services; and Telecommunications and Venture Capital.
Positions will be located in IFC Headquarters (Washington, DC), Asia (e.g. Beijing, Singapore, Delhi, Karachi, or Mumbai); Europe and Central Asia (e.g. Istanbul or Vienna), Middle East and North Africa (e.g. Cairo or Dubai), Africa (e.g. Dakar, Nairobi, or Johannesburg), and Latin American and the Caribbean (e.g. Mexico City, São Paulo, or Bogota).
Duties and Accountabilities
- Creating financial models
- Analyzing historical and projected financial statements
- Conducting industry and market research
- Reviewing company information
- Preparing documentation for IFC internal processes
- Participating in investment negotiations
- Bachelor’s or equivalent degree
- Ability to develop complex financial models
- Keen interest in development finance and multicultural environments
- Up to 3 years work experience in a financial institution, particularly in investment projects
- Strong analytical and conceptual skills including corporate/project finance
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely both orally and in writing
- Fluency in English required, proficiency in additional languages is preferred
IFC recruits investment analysts globally on two-year term contracts extendable to a maximum of four years. Upon completion of their contracts, investment analysts typically leave to pursue a graduate degree or additional work experience, while a select number are promoted to Associate Investment Officer positions.
Expressions of interest will be reviewed by our recruitment experts on a rolling basis, and you may check the status of your application(s) online at any time.
We will place the profiles of short-listed candidates in a database accessible by interested IFC hiring managers. Individual hiring managers will then contact selected candidates directly for interviews. IFC departments hire investment analysts on an as-needed basis throughout the year, so applicants may remain in the database for up to six months after application. Not all short-listed candidates will be contacted for an interview.
The World Bank Group values diversity and encourages all qualified candidates who are nationals of World Bank Group member countries to apply, regardless of gender, gender identity, religion, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, or disability. Sub-Saharan African nationals, Caribbean nationals, and female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.