The Abuja Electricity Distribution Company (AEDC Plc) one of the 11 privatized Electricity Distribution companies in Nigeria that operates in the following states; Kogi, Niger, Nasarawa and Abuja, is presently recruiting for the position below:
Position Title: Junior Accountant, Financial Operations
Role Purpose Statement
Under direction, performs a variety of professional level accounting duties involved in preparing, maintaining, analyzing, verifying, and reconciling complex financial transactions, statements, records, and reports;
Maintains the accuracy of the Company’s ledgers and subsidiary financial systems; assists in the preparation of assigned budgets, annual audit, and year end closing; and provides highly responsible staff assistance to assigned management staff.
Major Roles / Accountabilities
- Accurate data capture of transactions into accounting software on proof of adequate supporting documentation
- Reconciliations of staff, banks and vendor accounts
- Accurate capture of tax liabilities, tax minimization and service of tax commitments
- Monitor bank payments and reconcile to the payment plan
- Assist in audit process through timely and comprehensive response to all audit queries
- Assist in identifying and capturing of asset transactions and maintenance of accurate and up to date assets register and other supporting accounting schedules
- Assist in identifying inventory transactions, recording and reconciliation of inventory records and valuation
- Perform revenue and receivables reconciliations
- Perform any other duties as assigned from time to time.
Academic and Professional Qualifications
- Minimum of a B.Sc/B.A in Accounting, Finance or Business related course.
- Professional qualifications: ICAN, ACCA, ACA, CPA, ANAN.
- Knowledge of IFRS and provisions applicable to the utility sector.
- Team player with a passion for excellence, get- it- right- first- time mentality.
- Organized, analytical, critical thinker with bias for problem-solving.
- Thirst for perfection, timely delivery and accuracy.
- Minimum 3 years of progressive experience.
Application Deadline: 5:00 pm GMT, 1st May, 2019.
The Cover Letter should be addressed to:
Abuja Electricity Distribution Company Plc,
1 Ziquinchor Street, Off IBB Way,
Wuse Zone 4 – Abuja, FCT,
- All applications should include CV and a Cover Letter.
- The subject of your application should be position applied for. Failure to follow the instructions will lead to disqualification of your application.