The Abuja Electricity Distribution Company (AEDC Plc) one of the 11 privatized Electricity Distribution companies in Nigeria that operates in the following states; Kogi, Niger, Nasarawa and Abuja, is presently recruiting for the position below:
Position Title: Junior Officer, Treasury & Financial Risk Management
Role Purpose Statement
Assist in treasury related matters of the company.
Major Roles / Responsibilities
- Prepare revenue reports and carryout bank reconciliation for the purpose of decision making on monthly basis.
- Maintain professional relationship with financial institutions and ensure adherence to bank best practices.
- Critically analyse revenue reports, review bank cashbooks and proffer advanced bank reconciliation methods with high level of professionalism.
- Assist in negotiating and recommend means of bridging liquidity gaps.
- Assist in preparing and maintaining an insurance policy for the company.
- Analyses insurance needs and secures optimum coverage for the organization.
- Process crystallised insurance claims timely. Liaise with the company’s insurers/assurers Assist in maintaining a financial risk register.
- Monitor and recommend quality investment decisions for the company to achieve its objectives and goal.
- Assist in developing risk and cost assessment report on all investment decisions.
- Assist in the periodical evaluation of performance of predetermined investment portfolios.
- Prepare bank reconciliation of all Company’s bank accounts and follow-up on timely resolution of reconciling items/variables.
- Monitor and review revenue activities of the Area Offices.
- Review reconciled costs and charges in bank accounts.
- Monitor market trend and supply data to your line supervisor for the purpose of advising management on the purchase of foreign currency (FCY).
- Ensure FOREX needs are meet – Purchase of FX, LC, Bill of collections etc.
- Review cash inflows and outflows.
- Monitor cashflow plan monthly utilisation of funds.
- Ensure compliance to Federal and State laws and rules on Treasury and risk management.
- Post all transactions on company’s accounting software.
- Understanding of market conditions, trends and overall economic outlook.
- Perform supervisory role to subordinates.
- Should be able to stand-in for the Senior Analyst in his/her absence.
- Other roles as assigned by the Treasurer.
Academic and Professional Qualifications
- Degree in Banking and Finance, Accounting, Business Administration, Economics, other analytical degree
- ICAN/ANAN/ACCA- will be an added advantage.
- Minimum 3 years corporate experience in relevant field (Financial Institutions or Treasury departments).
Application Deadline: 5:00 pm GMT; 1st May, 2019.
The Cover Letter should be addressed to:
Abuja Electricity Distribution Company Plc,
1 Ziquinchor Street, Off IBB Way,
Wuse Zone 4,
- All applications should include CV and a Cover Letter.
- The subject of your application should be position applied for. Failure to follow the instructions will lead to disqualification of your application.