Sahara Group nutures businesses in the energy sector. These companies operate essentially within the energy industry and its associated sub-sectors. The Group consists of individuals, who are determined to make a positive impact on the business environment.
Position Title: Management Accountant
Location: Ikoyi, Lagos
Job Type: Full Time
The role is responsible for all accounting and financial reporting and tax related matters of both operated and non-operated joint ventures (JV) in accordance to (but not be limited to) International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS) and oil and gas upstream accounting standards.
Financial Reporting Duties:
- Perform GL reconciliation/clean up and close payable and receivable module for all entities, run month–end accrual process and post into GL.
- Prepare and submit monthly accounts, TB, and relevant schedules to Management & Group Finance
- Prepare and submit monthly FINCOM performance reports
- Prepare and submit monthly crude entitlement report to JV Partners
- Prepare Budget vs. Actual costs on a monthly basis
- Prepare annual Financial Statements for all the upstream companies
- Provide Internal and External Auditors with all necessary information to facilitate prompt closure of audit.
- Prepare intercompany matrix and reconcile all differences between related entities
Tax Remittance Duties:
- Run monthly tax report, remit and file tax returns promptly
- Review tax liabilities within agreed entitlement model with Crude Oil Marketing Department (COMD), NNPC.
- Obtain Tax Receipts from all authorities and dispatch WHT receipts to vendors promptly.
- Liaise with Company’s Tax Advisers to ensure appropriate computation of PPT estimate and returns and prompt filing with relevant Tax Authority
- Promptly file PPT / CIT Returns for all entities
- Attend to every enquiries/memo from tax authorities.
Other related activities:
- Assist the Asset Manager with the Business Plan and performance monitoring
- Reconcile all bank accounts operated on a monthly basis.
- Other financial reports and analysis required by management.
Minimum Qualification/ Experience:
- Minimum of 5-7 years of cognate experience with an upstream Oil and Gas Company or reputable audit firm.
- A chartered accountant (ACA/ACCA/CPA/CIMA) with Accounting, Audit & Financial Reporting (Major in Finance/Accounting) background.
- Financial Reporting with detailed knowledge of International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS) and oil and gas upstream accounting
- Oil and Gas Upstream Tax Laws
- Good working knowledge of Oracle Accounting Systems and MS Office programs especially Excel and PowerPoint is required.
- Excellent interpersonal and business communication skills
- Strict professional with a dedication to precision
- Detailed and highly numerate
- Passion for excellence.
- Board of Directors
- Senior Management
- Auditors (Internal & External)
- Tax Authorities etc.
Application Deadline: Not Specified.