In line with KPMG’s desire to ensure that key roles are filled by best in class talent with the requisite skills and experience, we seek to hire a Manager – International Development Advisory Services (IDAS).
The role will be responsible for engagement delivery, managing programs, and supervising the input from external consultants. The jobholder will also play a support role in deepening client relationships and winning new business.
Detailed Job Description:
- Assist management to define, plan and articulate strategies for KPMG Nigeria’s IDAS practice.
- Manage the development of a database of external consultants that can be leveraged to resource projects as when required.
- Function as a Project Manager responsible for the delivery of engagements – allocation of tasks to team members, project status reporting, project financial management, etc.
- Support the development of a pipeline of opportunities through proactive identification, tracking of leads and conversion of opportunities such as expressions of interests and proposals.
- Build and maintain effective business relationships with clients including donor organisations, development/alliance partners, and external consultants.
- Provide engagement-level direction to direct reports and external consultants towards the execution of assigned tasks.
- Perform other tasks as assigned by the Head, IDAS.
Required Qualifications and Experience
- First degree from a reputable tertiary institution
- A postgraduate degree in a development related discipline will be an added advantage
- Minimum of 7 – 10 years work experience
- A proven track record of providing programme management and advisory services on donor-funded projects. Key areas of interest include: governance reform, public financial management, health and nutrition, education, and social services
- Understanding of key trends shaping the development sector, and opportunities available for advisory services.
- Ability to analyse problems and to develop strategic responses.
- Strong commercial orientation and ability to identify opportunities.
- Ability to manage projects and successfully lead teams.
- Excellent communication, business presentation, and analytical skills.
- Maintains integrity and professional ethics.