MTN Nigeria is the leader in telecommunications in Nigeria, and a part of a diverse community in Africa and the Middle East, our brand is instantly recognisable. It is through our compelling brand that we are able to attract the right talents who we carefully nurture by continuously improving our employment offerings even beyond reward and recognition.
Position Title: Manager, Power Planning
- To manage, plan and implement power and cooling systems in full compliance to MTNN site build specifications Carry out tender formulation and final tender adjudication and make recommendations.
- Serve the Division’s internal customers and provide solutions to improve the customer experience.
- Strategic Partnerships with MTNN leadership team to drive awareness on expected behaviours and impact on non-compliance on bottom line results and company image/reputation.
- Provide overall direction for coordinating and supervising activities of utility vendors, contractors and consultants on a daily basis.
- Provide design oversight and guidance to consultants and contractors for new facilities implementation.
- Review and evaluate performance of contractors, vendors and suppliers in consultation with other third parties.
- Develop all plans for power provision and upgrade projects, for operational BTS/TX sites- Hybrid Power System, DC Power Upgrades and switches.
- Direct the supervision and final acceptance of all mechanical or electrical installation executed by contractor/supplier.
- Manage mechanical and electrical facility implementation projects providing direction and control in close collaboration with Facilities team members.
- Provide high level support to NWG Operations in the event of major failures.
- Define requirements and design guidelines for new and upgraded facilities, ensuring the design address maintainability, maintenance documentation, manuals, drawing and wiring/cabling schedules.
- Oversee the planning, design and construction of Main Switch Center (MSC), Commercial Building and other facilities, pertaining to system and equipment.
- Continuously seek self-professional development to sharpen skills and capabilities in a versatile and evolving digital landscape.
- Coach and train the team to ensure understanding of the objectives and goals of the department, awareness of set targets/requirements and regularly review their training needs.
- Review performance of individual team members and complete appraisals in accordance with the employee performance appraisal procedures and time schedules.
- Identify training requirements of team members, develop program to address knowledge gaps and to enrich knowledge repository within the department.
- Normal MTNN working conditions
- May be required to work extended hours
Experience & Training
- 6-13 years’ work experience which includes:
- Professional experience in design, implementation and management of power and cooling systems
- Atleast (3) years in engineering management in a telecommunications environment would be an added advantage
- Experience in project Management would be an added advantage
- Power Generation System (Solar, DC, AC etc)
- AC/DC Power and cooling system
- Generators, UPS, Rectifier, inverters and Regulators
- Knowledge in regulations associated with standards e.g SON, PHCN etc
- Project management
- Process documentation and analysis tool
- Leadership and management development program
- Cost benefit analysis methodologies/presentations
- Technical evaluation
- Project and Change management methodology
- Telecom Site construction
- Quality assurance and controls
- Safety and quality management
- BEng, BTech, BSc or HND
Application Deadline: 12th December, 2018.