Mobil Producing Nigeria Unlimited (MPN) and Esso Exploration and Production Nigeria Limited (EEPNL) are subsidiaries of Exxon Mobil Corporation with a long and established history of operations in Nigeria. The companies’ oil & natural gas production business is one of the largest sources of revenue for the Nigerian government and economy.
As a result of organizational growth, career opportunities exist for ambitious and result-oriented Engineers to work in the capacity below:
Position Title: Marine Engineer
Location: Lagos, LA, NG
Job Segment: Engineer, Offshore Oil, Technical Support, Engineering, Energy, Technology
The successful candidate will support shallow and deep water assets for all marine related activities.
Job Role Responsibilities
- Providing technical support for the maintenance, operation and troubleshooting of marine systems and equipment
- Analyzing inspection results and conducting fitness for service assessment to ensure integrity of marine equipment and mooring systems for FPSO, FSO as well as CALM Buoy crude export systems
- Participating in, or leading various safety studies/activities such as: PHAs, HAZOPS, JSAs, and incident investigations for marine systems
- Reviewing designs for new projects and upgrade of existing marine facilities for compliance with company and industry safety standards
- Managing classification and regulatory compliance issues related to marine structures, mooring systems and equipment
- Interfacing with diverse groups including vendors and operations/maintenance technicians on marine-related issues
- Providing technical leadership on all marine-related issues.
- The successful candidate will have technical and engineering experience supporting asset integrity management for offshore marine facilities in the oil and gas industry.
The ideal candidate must possess the following requirements:
- At least a Bachelor’s Degree with a minimum of second Class Upper Division (2.1) in any of the following disciplines: Marine, Naval Architecture, Civil, Ocean engineering or any other related engineering disciplines
- 5 – 15 years technical and engineering experience in the area of marine, naval architecture, civil, ocean engineering or other related engineering degree
- Familiarity with relevant marine engineering software & applications and good understanding of basic safety practices in oil and gas offshore operations
- Working knowledge of codes, standards and engineering practices for floating structures design and their application – ABS, DNV, API, ISO codes
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- Demonstrated technical competence and leadership ability
- Ability to take initiative and work in a multi-disciplinary team setting
- NYSC discharge or exemption certificate.
This position offer competitive compensation and benefit packages commensurate with what is obtainable in the upstream oil & gas industry.
Application Deadline: 4th December, 2018.