The National Orthopaedic Hospital, Igbobi is located along the ever busy motorway (Ikorodu Road) in Lagos. The institution started as a Military Rehabilitation Camp for prisoners of war returning from 2nd World War. After recognition by the Colonial Medical Services in 1945, it became a Medical establishment known as Igbobi Orthopaedic Hospital. In name, the hospital has undergone a metamorphosis from Igbobi Hospital to royal Orthopaedic Hospital and now National Orthopaedic Hospital. The hospital, between 1945 and 1977 was at various times under the administration of the Federal Government and Lagos State Government. It has however remained a federal Government health institution since 1977 to date. The hospital can accommodate up to 450 patients.
We are currently recruiting into the following positions:
- Accountant II
- Administrative Officer II
- Technologist II/Prosthetics/Orthotics
- Health Records Technician
- Prosthetist/Orthotist Assistant
- Technical Officer
- Lecturer Prosthetics/Orthotics
- Mechanical Engineer
- Confidential Secretary I
- Health Records Officer
- Nursing Officer II/Staff Nurse
- Nurse Tutor
- Senior Technical Officer
- Medical Laboratory Scientist
- Medical Officer
Condition of Service
The conditions of service including the fringe benefits are as applicable in the Federal Public Service.
Method of Application
Interested candidates should forward eight (8) copies of their letter of application attaching to each, photocopy of certificate and detailed Curriculum Vitae (CV) as follows:
- Name in full
- Place and date of birth.
- Current address and Telephone Number.
- Marital Status.
- State of Origin (attach evidence)
- Local Government of Origin.
- Secondary and Post-Secondary Education including dates.
- Post applied for:
- Names, addresses and telephone numbers of two (2) Referees (who should either be a Solicitor, Clergy or Top Civil Servant).
N.B. All candidates for clinical posts must have Current Practicing License.
Candidates are to please address their applications directly to:
The Medical Director,
National Orthopaedic Hospital,
All applications should be submitted in the New Administrative Building not later than four (4) weeks from the date of this publication i.e. 15th March, 2018 with the reference number written on the top left hand corner of the envelope.
Please note that only short-listed candidates will be invited for interview.