The Abuja Electricity Distribution Company (AEDC Plc) one of the 11 privatized Electricity Distribution companies in Nigeria that operates in the following states; Kogi, Niger, Nasarawa and Abuja, is presently recruiting for the position below:
Position Title: Officer, Operational Controls
Major Roles / Accountabilities
- Coordinate review of current business operation processes and procedures to address operational deficiencies and strengthen systems.
- Engage process owners through process review to identify gaps and deficiencies in existing processes and procedures.
- Develop solutions and policy procedures to address identified gaps and deficiencies and to provide direction and guidance during implementation.
- Assess the value-adding capacity and justification for projects and requisitions.
- Manage departmental budgetary control and monitor departmental spend.
- Maintain junior employee work schedules, assignments, job rotation, training and overtime scheduling.
- Make business decisions that are financially reasonable, justifiable and being accountable in accordance with AEDC’s policies and procedures.
- Ensure efficiency in material utilisation, cash disbursement, Human Resources and unevaluated procurement through control initiatives.
- Build effective relationships with other superiors (vertical) and colleagues (horizontal).
- Manage compliance with Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) and regular review for update to ensure with best practice and continuous improvement culture.
- Highlighting opportunities, identifying issues and recommending procedural changes as applicable company wide.
- Manage Operational KPI analysis.
- Develop and implement operational and financial controls to achieve business objectives.
- Work closely with Process owners, Change Management and Internal Audit to address Operational deficiencies and strengthen systems.
- Prepare monthly Operational reports including identified Operational and control lapses,
- options for improvement, impact of previous improvement initiatives and subsequent activity plan.
- Demonstrate ability to assess and understand a variety of internal and external factors with significant impact on the business and appropriate course of action.
- Ability to influence others, present convincing arguments and deal with conflicting viewpoints.
- Encourage maximum savings through volume rebates or trade spend initiatives.
- Obtain sufficient confirmation that order and deliveries are consistent with their contractual terms.
- Evaluate Vendor selection process.
- Manage and review financial reports: monthly, quarterly and annual reports, as required for monitoring and reporting purposes.
- Manage operational and financial analyses within business units and present findings and recommendation to Function Managers and Directors.
Academic And Professional Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Management and Administration, Finance and Accounting, Engineering, Technology, Compliance or technical experience in internal control or compliance.
- Relevant Professional qualification.
- Minimum 5 of years’ relevant experience (finance, Internal control or compliance,
- Engineering, Technology, Process development).
Application Deadline: 5:00 pm GMT; 1st May, 2019.
The Cover Letter should be addressed to:
Abuja Electricity Distribution Company Plc,
1 Ziquinchor Street, Off IBB Way,
Wuse Zone 4 – Abuja, FCT,
- All applications should include CV and a Cover Letter.
- The subject of your application should be position applied for. Failure to follow the instructions will lead to disqualification of your application.