The African Field Epidemiology Network (AFENET) is not for profit, networking alliance and service organization that brings together field epidemiology training programs (FETPs) across Africa working side by side with ministries of health, regional and international partners. AFENET works to strengthen epidemiology and disease surveillance capabilities of Africa countries that are critical to meeting the requirements of the integrated Disease Surveillance and Response (IDRS) strategy and the international Health Regulations (IHR).
We seek the services of qualified candidates, to fill the position below for the National Transmission of Polio (NSTOP):
Position Title: Procurement Officer
Work Hours: Full time
Open to: All Interested Candidates
Duration of contract: One year
- Lead the procurement function at AFENET in accordance with the organizational procurement procedures from procurement planning to close-out.
- Provide periodical expert advice and guidance to staff concerning planning and forecasting their procurement needs.
- Ensure custody of the Organization’s procurement procedures and providing platform for dissemination ofthe same to the clients.
- Attend and respond to vendor and client questions,
- Be in charge of leading, checking and preparing of specifications, terms of reference and statement of requirements in liaison with user departments.
- Design and issue requests for quotations or requests forproposals.
- Ensure evaluations of bids for submission to the respective procurement committee for consideration for award.
- In liaison with the stores personnel verify deliveries for quality and quantity certification of the deliveries.
- Ensure custody and filing ofpurchase orders, agreements and all relevant procurement records.
- Be in charge of monitoring of contractor/vendor performance to ensure compliance with the requirements, all terms and conditions.
- Carry out pen odic inventory and asset audits for the Organization’s property.
- Ensure and follow up all purchase requisitions and offers to vendors are processed and payments made to the suppliers and vendors.
- Obtain all information input and prepare regular and timely procurement reports and other necessary inventory records forassets, periodic donations to the organization and stock takings.
Qualification and Requirements
- University Degree in Procurement and Supply Chain Management, Business Administration or Business Commerce.
- Post graduate Degree in procurement, Business administration or commerce
- Certification by professional Procurement & Supply Chain bodies like Chartered Institute of Procurementand Supply (CIPS).
- A minimum of at least five (5) years’ experience in procurement and supply chain management in a busy reputable organization 2 years of which should be with an NGO
- Sound knowledge of procurement regulations and procedures.
Application Deadline: November 19, 2018