Sahara Group nutures businesses in the energy sector. These companies operate essentially within the energy industry and its associated sub-sectors. The Group consists of individuals, who are determined to make a positive impact on the business environment.
Position Title: Project Officer
To accomplish the primary goal of providing administrative and technical skills to support a project to successful completion. The Project Officers reports directly to Head, Special Projects.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Provide day-to-day administrative support to our team of project managers
- When required, set up team meetings, record meeting minutes and allocate actions
- Support the Monitoring, Evaluation, Impact and Learning Lead to monitor progress on projects
- You may also be required to undertake other assignments from time to time, depending on the needs of the project.
- Maintain relevant project data in various systems pertaining to capacity, new opportunities and general project records
- Oversee the upkeep of project documents to ensure they are fit for use
- Assist with creation of Project Initiation Documents for new projects
- Assist with the collation of capacity data on a monthly basis, and communicate analysis of this to the Head of Special Projects.
- Ensure that New Opportunities meetings are conducted smoothly – from developing clear agendas, to recording and publishing minutes allocating actions and maintaining the New Opportunities list
- Ensure time-sheets are completed on a weekly basis, company-wide.
- Update the team’s project financial reports
- Coordinate the team’s input to project forecasting (revenue and costs)
- Process and raise PO numbers for invoices
- Assist with time management and expenses against projects
- Act as the link between the Project Management team and Finance team when required.
- Be aware of, and take personal responsibility for, any health and safety issues and obligations
- Uphold all aspects of the policies, procedures and legal requirements in relation to personal conduct.
- Prepare for and engage in one-to-one meetings and performance management appraisals
- Maintain personal professional development and personal development plans
- Be willing and committed to take on new work as and when required and to be proactive.
Minimum Qualification/ Experience
- University Degree with a minimum of 2:1 in any discipline
- Minimum of 2 years of Post NYSC work experience in a project-related environment.
- Project Management Professional Certification is a MUST.
- Thorough familiarity with word processing, spreadsheet, and project scheduling computer applications
- Ability to work effectively as a team member and independently,
- Ability to manage multiple priorities under pressure, trouble-shoot, and to meet short- and long-term deadlines
- Demonstrated experience in budget and financial management
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent critical and creative thinking and analytical skill
- Proven relationship-building skills with good interpersonal skills
- Project management abilities with demonstrated full life cycle project engineering experience
- Ability to effectively communicate and interface with all levels of management
- Ability to plan, prioritize and coordinate multiple concurrent projects
- Proven ability to work independently, as part of a team and with initiatives to meet tight deadlines
- Good planning and organisational skills, along with a high degree of detail orientation
- Enthusiastic, adaptable and quick to learn
- Strong level of integrity with a sound work ethic
Application Deadline: Not Specified.