First Bank of Nigeria Limited (FirstBank) is Nigeria’s largest financial services institution by total assets and gross earnings. With more than 10 million customer accounts, FirstBank has over 750 branches providing a comprehensive range of retail and corporate financial services. The Bank has international presence through its subsidiaries, FBN Bank (UK) Limited in London and Paris, FBNBank DRC, FBNBank Ghana, FBNBank Gambia, FBNBank Guinea, FBNBank Sierra-Leone and FBNBank Senegal, as well as its Representative Offices in Johannesburg, Beijing and Abu Dhabi.
Position Title: MDM – Project Team Lead
Ref No: 1800002K
Job Type: Full-time
The ideal candidate will:
- Develop work plans and manage multiple project work streams to support the implementation of strategic objectives, within budget and within the agreed timelines.
- Follow the day-to-day operations related to own job to ensure continuity of work
- Assists in the preparation of reports to meet departmental requirements, policies and standards.
- Identify and validate key business requirements for assigned workstreams
- Analyze data to provide meaningful information for decision-making
- Develop a Communication Plan to disseminate information to all stakeholders throughout the Project life cycle for assigned work streams
- Effectively communicate project expectations to all stakeholders in a timely and clear fashion
- Estimate the resources (human, financial and technical) needed to achieve goals.
- Provide solutions, improvements and take corrective action on challenges that may arise
- Identify and manage dependencies and critical path.
- Monitor and track milestones and deliverables of assigned workstream(s), and provide reports to the Project Manager on a periodic basis.
- Supervise and monitor the activities of team members and the relevant external consultants, as required
- Ensure that required approvals are obtained and that adequate documentation is maintained for all project expenditures
- Perform other related duties or assignments as directed by the Program Manager
- Possesses a first degree in any discipline, preferably MIS/Computer Science.
- Additional qualification and relevant certification would be an added advantage
- Minimum of Eight years of banking experience, with at least 3 years in Master Data Management Implementation, preferably in a Financial Institution.
- Has participated in at least 3 cycles (projects) of MDM implementation, one of which is in a bank.
- Experience with managing transformation, change management or other strategic projects
- Experience with Program Management Office or Project Management Office desirable
- Supervisory or leadership experience.
- Good analytical skills
- Knowledge of Principles, methods and tools for Project management
- Knowledge of First Bank service delivery/ operations processes is desirable.
- Good understanding of the Nigerian financial services industry, Banking operations, bank products and services
- Knowledge of Master Data Management and its applicability
- Knowledge of the fundamentals and tangible benefits of Data Quality (DQ), Data Governance (DG) and Data Management
- Knowledge of the concept of Reference Data Management, Metadata Management and their benefits
- Knowledge of the concept of Business Intelligence, Analytics & Big Data and demonstrates a good understanding of their impact on ROI.
- Good understanding of trends in digital banking, Big Data Analytics, Machine Learning (ML) and Artificial Intelligence (AI)
- Knowledge of Finacle is added advantage
- Highly motivated individual with creative problem-solving ability and eagerness to learn in instances where technical skills and understanding may be lacking;
- Superior writing and verbal communication skills, and ability to present ideas in a coherent and well-structured manner
- Sound interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to work effectively with other business leads
- Organized and possesses good stakeholder Management Skills
- Highly proficient in Microsoft office packages
- Excellent Presentation Skills
- Team Building
- Strong Leadership and People Management Skills
- Attention to details
Application Deadline: Not Specified.