Paystack is a technology company solving payments problems for ambitious businesses. Paystack’s mission is to help merchants in Africa get paid by anyone, anywhere in the world. Over 9,000 of some of the best businesses in Nigeria use Paystack’s modern payments gateway, including MTN, Taxify, Domino’s Pizza, Smile Communications, Opera, God is Good Motors, Axa Mansard Insurance, and many others.
Within a little over 2 years, our close-knit team has introduced a steady cadence of innovations within the Nigerian system, such as automated recurring payments, the ability for customers to pay with only a bank account, automated chargebacks, and much more. We process well over $10 million in transactions monthly, and our double digit growth has us processing even more every month.
Position Title: Receptionist
About the Role
We are looking for a pleasant and friendly candidate to undertake all receptionists, administrative and clerical duties at the desk of our main entrance. You will be the “face” of the company for all visitors and will be responsible for the first impression we make. The ideal candidate will have a friendly and easy going personality while also being very perceptive and disciplined. You should be able to deal with complaints and give accurate information at the desk. A customer-oriented approach is essential.
The goal is to make guests, visitors and staff feel comfortable and valued while on our premises. This is a full-time role is based in Paystack’s headquarters in Ikeja, Lagos, Nigeria.
What You’ll Be Doing
As a Receptionist, you’ll:
- Greet, welcome, receive and direct all visitors to appropriate contacts
- Oversee all aspects of general office coordination
- Receive, sort and distribute incoming mail
- Prepare all outgoing mail
- Coordinate and maintain records for office keys and staff identification cards
- Handle enquires at the front desk
- Manage office calendar, meetings, conferences and use of meeting rooms
- Assist other members of the team with repairs and maintenance of office equipment
- Maintain the visitors’ register
- Supervise and coordinate activities of cleaners and security guards
- Assist with event planning and implementation
- Take up other duties as assigned.
What it takes to succeed at this role:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Computer skills
- Knowledge of principles and practices of basic office management and organization
- Knowledge of customer service principles and practices and customer handling techniques
- Ability to work well either alone or as part of a team.
- Good writing, analytical and problem-solving skills
- Good time management skills and ability to multitask
- Must be confident and able to remain calm under pressure
- Outstanding administration skills.
- Competitive salary
- Full medical coverage
- MacBook Pro
- Housing assistance
- Gym membership
- Free lunch
- Smart, kind colleagues who’re invested in your growth
Application Instructions – Read carefully!
In your application:
- Please attach your CV / Resume
- Attach a Cover Letter – your cover letter should explain how your skills and experiences make you uniquely qualified to excel in this role.
- Answer the accompanying application questions – there’ll be further instructions about how best to answer these questions on the page.
- Aptitude Test: after you submit this application form, you’ll automatically receive an email with a link to an online aptitude test. Please complete the aptitude test as soon as possible. Your application will not be considered complete until the aptitude test is submitted.
Application Deadline: 8 December, 2018