United Bank for Africa Plc (UBA) is one of Africa’s leading financial institutions, with operations in 19 African countries and 3 global financial centres: London, Paris and New York. From a single country organisation founded in 1949 in Nigeria, UBA has grown to become a Pan-African provider of financial services with over 11 million customers, through close to 1000 business offices and touch points globally.
Position Title: Regional Control Officer
Reference No: #RMD0010
Locations: Abuja (FCT), Asaba-Delta, Katsina, Lagos, Jos South-Plateau, Jalingo, Taraba States
Contract Type: Permanent
Job Functions: Banking
Industries: Banking / Finance & Investment
UBA’s culture is built and nurtured on values, resilience and dedication. It is a culture that makes us a role model for African businesses. Your contribution to the culture is critical to our success thus your career growth is of utmost importance to us.
Group Risk Management Directorate strives to achieve sound corporate governance, robust compliance and effective risk management processes for credit, market and liquidity. Strategies deployed help build robust capital management, effective risk monitoring and proactive risk mitigation.
We are currently seeking staff who have strong Internal Control experience to lead teams in the following locations, Abuja, Katsina, Jos, Jalingo and Delta.
- Assist business offices with compliance and regulatory issues, and provide counselling when required.
- Improve control and awareness culture in the business offices.
- Ensure that the ambience of the business office is maintained
- Monitor and ensure that open items in GL accounts are current and reflect the true nature of the products recorded in them.
- Ensure integrity of transactions in Business offices, and report deviations/anomalies immediately.
- Identify control lapses/policy breaches through control activities for process improvement/policy amendments.
- Escalate cases of fraud, customer complaints, and staff disciplinary issues to the Area control manager, or responsible department.
- A good first degree in Accounting or humanities (min 2.2) with ACA
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in banking which should be predominantly in Internal Control or Audit Function.
- Good Interpersonal and Communication skills (oral & written)
- Good Administrative, Supervisory and Leadership Skills
- Good Organization, coordination and Analytical skills
- Effective influencing and relationship building skills
- Competency in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Ability to work well in a team, as well as manage multiple priorities in quick time frames
Application Deadline: 14th September, 2018.