Unilever Nigeria under the new ownership of Upfield Foods, a global leader in plant-based nutrition with a great history and a portfolio of iconic brands that people have used and trusted for generations is recruiting to fill the position below:
Position Title: Regional Payroll Lead – WL2
Job Number: 18000GBY
Location: Oregun, Lagos
Job Field: Human Resources
Job Type: Regular
Shift: Day Job Job
- On the 2nd July 2018 Unilever completed the sale of the Spreads Business and it is now under the new ownership of KKR as “Upfield”, therefore any successful applicants will be employed by “Upfield Foods” not Unilever.
- Based in Nigeria – Managing Africa Middle East & Turkey (AMET Region)
- Do you know your Kale from your Quinoa or the difference between a Flexitarian to a Regenerative Grazer? We are looking for top talent for an exciting new movement within the Food Industry.
- If you are an entrepreneur at heart and have a passion for winning, a strong understanding of the FMCG business, and would like to join us, apply so as to speak to one of our Talent Matchmakers!
- You will work with the global payroll project team and 3rd party payroll providers to ensure the successful set-up of the new Upfield payrolls in all countries in the region.
- You will also act as a key operational and transactional payroll lead who is the interface between HR/ Line Managers/Finance and Employees in the countries you are responsible for.
Payroll Transition Project:
- Work with the new payroll providers on designing, testing and setting up the new payrolls
- Responsible for the parallel running and sign off of the new and old payrolls
- Enter inputs into the new payroll once Parallel Testing starts
- Compare the outputs from the legacy system to the outputs from the new system, resolve the output deltas, and re-test.
- Create Standard Operating Procedures for sign-off
- Coordinate with all in country HR, Finance and Tax teams on getting ready for the payroll go live in their country
- Be the main receiver of the payroll knowledge transfer from the Unilever payroll teams
- Review and sign-off of process flows incl. manual loads/updates
- UAT test case completion e.g. validation of reports, post management, employee pay maintenance, pay costing and ledgers, pay awards and arrears, third party inputs/outputs.
Regional Payroll Delivery:
- Responsible for the effective and timely payroll delivery in all countries in the region
- Data Gathering/Validation/Notification of Upfield requirements and rule changes (Demographic data, Fixed & flexible compensation, Expenses & Benefits, Policy rules/entitlements, GL coding, Equity – RSU, PSU, Timesheets data, Pension data, etc.)
- Mass data entry of exceptional payments/variable pay/overtime (e.g. Bonus) elements
- Make sure that all Legal, business and payroll tax requirements in the countries are met
- Vendor management of the new payroll vendors
- Payroll final sign-off for each country in each pay cycle.
- Ensuring all HR information is managed and updated accurately and effectively.
- Prepare and complete mass upload templates for major data changes.
- Pay review prep and groundwork, e.g. reward benchmarking, forecasts etc.
- HR Project Work – as required, bring their specialist skills to the table to assist on various HR projects required to enable the HR and business agenda.
Skills, Experience and Qualifications
- At least 10 years’ experience managing payrolls in different countries with a deep knowledge of all local payroll, legal and tax requirements and procedures.
- Experience running complex payrolls in multiple countries
- Management of third-parties across regions
- Ability to communicate in English and Turkish/French, is an additional advantage.
- Communication and influencing skills – building strong relationships with the HR Business Partners, Finance Managers, Tax, etc.
- Customer service focus – always going the extra step to ensure satisfaction
- Completer-finisher – never leaves tasks incomplete, and ensures processes are followed to their conclusion (Probably a bit of a perfectionist)
- Attention to detail is critical – able to identify the smallest variations and discrepancies in payroll
- Organisation of workload is critical – being able to manage multiple requests and prioritise activities.
Your Personal Power! :
- At Upfield we want you to bring your ideas, your motivation and desire to succeed! This part of the role is up to you to complete.
Application Deadline: 22 November, 2018