Mobil Producing Nigeria Unlimited (MPN) and Esso Exploration and Production Nigeria Limited (EEPNL) are subsidiaries of Exxon Mobil Corporation with a long and established history of operations in Nigeria. The companies’ oil & natural gas production business is one of the largest sources of revenue for the Nigerian government and economy.
As a result of organizational growth, career opportunities exist for ambitious and result-oriented Engineers to work in the capacity below:
Position Title: Reservoir Engineer
Job Segment: Hydraulics, Electronics Engineer, Engineer, Electrical, Technical Support, Engineering, Technology
The successful candidate will provide reservoir engineering technical support for Assets at various stages of development.
Job Role Responsibilities
- Developing, maintaining and monitoring reservoir management strategies; surveillance and data acquisition planning, reservoir voidage management, contact movement and sweep
- Supporting development and prioritization of reservoir development activities involving drilling and projects as well as other activities such as data integration for improved subsurface characterization and depletion planning; workover and drillwell evaluations; volumes forecasting; economics and reserves assessments
- Performing subsurface / commercial studies to progress opportunities; maintain and update reservoir models and identify long term constraints; define reservoir design bases for projects and develop or update Field Depletion Plans (FDPs)
- Providing support and reporting stewardship for company plan
- Coordinating and managing regulatory requirements.
- The successful candidate will have extensive reservoir engineering knowledge and demonstrated ability to support reservoir development, management and optimization, as well as the ability to work collaboratively
The ideal candidate must possess the following requirements:
- At least a Bachelor’s degree with a minimum of second Class Upper Division (2.1) in any of the following engineering disciplines: Mechanical, Chemical, Civil, Petroleum and Electrical/Electronics
- 4 – 20 years of reservoir engineering experience and demonstrated ability to work in a multidisciplinary team. Experiences should include reservoir engineering technical support for reservoir characterization and field studies, performance forecasting, opportunity generation and evaluation, reservoir surveillance, production optimization, and depletion planning
- Good technical understanding of reservoir performance prediction using both analytical and simulation tools, primary and secondary recovery, surveillance and opportunity generation at well/reservoir/field scale, reserves assessment, transient well testing, wellbore hydraulics, economics, fluid property prediction, core analysis, petrophysics, reservoir description, completions and stimulation
- Candidates should have aptitude for cross-functional collaboration, including strong interpersonal skills, integrity, strong work ethics, ability to learn, and excellent written/verbal communication skills
- Strong computer skills, including familiarity with fluid characterization, hydraulics, material balance, reservoir simulation, economics assessment and proficiency in office productivity tools (e.g., Microsoft office suite)
- NYSC discharge or exemption certificate.
This position offer competitive compensation and benefit packages commensurate with what is obtainable in the upstream oil & gas industry.
Application Deadline: 4th December, 2018.