MTN Nigeria is the leader in telecommunications in Nigeria, and a part of a diverse community in Africa and the Middle East, our brand is instantly recognisable. It is through our compelling brand that we are able to attract the right talents who we carefully nurture by continuously improving our employment offerings even beyond reward and recognition.
Position Title: Senior Manager EB Strategic Accounts
- To direct enterprise sales efforts for allocated strategic accounts within the framework of agreed account development plans which meet operational targets for revenues, profitability and customer satisfaction
- Manage a group of selected and Strategic accounts with a prime focus on increasing share of wallet.
- Support the Shareholder return strategy by developing and implementing the Division’s processes that are aligned to achieving all elements on the business score card. (I.e. Grow Market Share, Grow ICT , Mobile Advertising & Data Revenue, Increase EBITDA margins, Assure Revenue, CAPEX Returns Management and Net Subscriber Additions).
- Participate in the review of Business Processes (headcount, process optimization, etc.), to drive efficiency gains to ensure at least 5% reduction in Divisional budget year-on-year.
- Participate in Contract negotiations to reduce cost and drive MTNN Value Creation Philosophy
- Serve the Division’s internal customers and provide solutions to improve the customer experience.
- Improve MTNN’s Net Promoters Score
- Drive planned strategy for the successful delivery of MTN Group and MTNN transformation initiatives focusing on Customer centricity, including Perfect 10 Project.
- Network and build solid relationships with internal units and relevant third parties (e.g. strategic investors, technical and finance partners, business consultants etc.) and develop a close working relationship with relevant information sources to provide an integrated service.
- Partner with MTNN’s Ecosystem Partners to deliver business value.
- Collaborate with other business units in the development of business models for use in MTNN and develop measurement strategies to support ongoing strategy development and project optimization.
- Review market and internal conditions and provide professional input and contribute to the development of strategies for ES sales, demonstrating an understanding of MTNN business strategies and needs of the customer.
- Develop detailed plans in support of approved strategies in respect of EB sales, organizing required resources, monitoring and periodically reporting progress of plans.
- Demonstrate the compelling value proposition of MTN Enterprise Business to corporate entities to enhance opportunities for increased sales.
- Identify and develop a robust pipeline of prospects within the strategic accounts which are systematically qualified, whilst managing the decision-making process within the account to ensure sales opportunities are closed.
- Responsible for market development and sales development of key advertisers and agencies in Nigeria
- Help drive the identification of new opportunities and aggressively seek and secure relationships with net new advertisers to MTN’s platform and services.
- Maintain an account development plan (ADP) for each of the allocated accounts, as well as manage the decision-making process within the account to ensure sales opportunities are closed.
- Lead virtual account team for the horizontal sector of top 10 top 100+ accounts (Corporate and Government), to meet targets for profitability and revenues as agreed with the GM Enterprise Business Sales.
- Provide a mechanism/ system to document and store learning from examples of success in sales of MTN enterprise solutions to customers and leverage for use with other customers within the horizontal sector.
- Ensure integrated channel management is supported by appropriate systems such as CRM and use knowledge management to enhance the professionalism of account management.
- Ensure full integration of quality management processes within all sales activities for the allocated strategic accounts and ensure full compliance with telecommunications licence provisions, sector regulations and competition laws.
- Ensure capture of sales data, monitor sales performance and trends and generate assessment reports and analysis for management review.
- Continuously seek self-professional development to sharpen skills and capabilities in a versatile and evolving digital landscape.
- Review performance of individual team members and complete appraisals in accordance with the employee performance appraisal procedures and time schedules.
- Identify sales training and development needs and manage skills enhancement programmes for the virtual sales team to ensure enterprise sales targets are fully met.
- Coach and train subordinates to ensure understanding of the objectives and goals of the department, awareness of set targets/requirements and regularly review their training needs and make recommendations to the Management for approval.
- Normal MTNN working conditions
- May be required to work extended hours
Experience & Training
- 9-17 years’ experience including:
- Minimum 6 years sales experience in ICT industry focused on the Enterprise sector and accounts
- Manager track record of 3 years or more; with at least 3 years in relevant sector / industry such as Telecoms, ICT, OEM, Enterprise, etc.
- Worked across diverse cultures and geographies advantageous
- Demonstrated a visible and proven track record of negotiating and managing direct deals.
- Proven track record of closing large ICT, Connectivity or mobile advertising budgets for brands and agency accounts in either online or mobile advertising sales.
- Business oriented and analytical thinking
- Excellent communication skills across verbal, written, and presentation and experience of presenting to Executives
- Knowledge of sales performance reporting
- Proven track record of performance against sales targets
- Evidence of completion of recognized Sales and Leadership training programs
- BSc or BA
Application Deadline: 12th December, 2018.