The Abuja Electricity Distribution Company (AEDC Plc) one of the 11 privatized Electricity Distribution companies in Nigeria that operates in the following states; Kogi, Niger, Nasarawa and Abuja, is presently recruiting for the position below:
Position Title: Senior Manager, Treasury & Financial Risk Management
Role Purpose Statement
Render Support To The General Manager, Treasury & Financial Risk Management on treasury matters.
Major Roles / Responsibilities
- Render sound financial advice to the company on treasury related matters.
- Critically analyse revenue reports, review bank cashbooks and proffer advanced bank reconciliation methods with high level of professionalism.
- Carry out data collation and ensuring data integrity as required for developing tactical and operational plan.
- Provide support to Senior team members on special projects assisting with data inputs and analysis and inputs necessary for the investment analysis efforts.
- Work on ad-hoc projects/analyses as required from time to time.
- Responsible for implementing KPI reporting standards and systems across core business functions at the Business units.
- Maintain professional relationship with bank on an advanced level with the aim of making best banking decisions.
- Professionally negotiate and recommend means of bridging liquidity gaps.
- Give professional advice to the company on insurance matters.
- Prepare and maintain insurance policy for the company.
- Analyses insurance needs and secures optimum coverage for the organization.
- Identify and analyse risks associated with policies.
- Ensure crystallised insurance claims are processed timely.
- Act as the company’s liaison to the company’s insurers/assurers.
- Maintain a financial risk register.
- Make quality investment decisions for the company.
- Develop risk and cost assessment report on all investment decisions.
- Reviews bank reconciliation of all Company’s bank accounts and ensure timely resolution of reconciling items/variables.
- Forecast on the market trend and proffer professional advice to management on the purchase of foreign currency (FCY).
- Ensure adherence to cashflow plan by reviewing monthly utilisation of funds.
- Liaise with financial and other investment institutions.
- Ensure compliance to Federal and State laws and rules on Treasury and risk management.
- Maintain an in-depth understanding of market conditions, trends and overall economic outlook.
- Constant monitoring of company’s investment objectives and goal.
- Perform supervisory role to subordinates.
- Should be able to stand-in for the Head Treasury in his/her absence.
- Other roles as assigned by the Treasurer.
Academic and Professional Qualifications
- Degree in Banking and Finance, Accounting, Business Administration, Economics, other analytical degree.
- ICAN/ANAN/ACCA- will be an added advantage.
- Minimum 7 years corporate experience in relevant field (Financial Institutions or Treasury departments).
Application Deadline: 5:00 pm GMT; 1st May, 2019.
The Cover Letter should be addressed to:
Abuja Electricity Distribution Company Plc,
1 Ziquinchor Street, Off IBB Way,
Wuse Zone 4,
- All applications should include CV and a Cover Letter.
- The subject of your application should be position applied for. Failure to follow the instructions will lead to disqualification of your application