MTN Nigeria – The leader in telecommunications in Nigeria, and a part of a diverse community in Africa and the Middle East, our brand is instantly recognisable. It is through our compelling brand that we are able to attract the right talents who we carefully nurture by continuously improving our employment offerings even beyond reward and recognition.
We are currently recruiting into the following position:
Position Title: Specialist, Solution Design
- Function as a Senior Solution design and integration engineer in designing and developing Business solutions, Products and Services for MTNN Business divisions in accordance with standard design specifications.
- Business Process Improvement
- Business growth, value created & cost-effectiveness achieved by process optimization, new initiatives and improved operations
- New business growth from data access, ICT & Digital to sustain and complement traditional revenues
- Review, analyze and design solutions from User requirement specification document, Solution requirement specification, functional and non-functional requirements
- Acquire a detailed understanding of the testing requirements for a given design, and advise on practicability of proposed architecture and design.
- Develop designs that support the functional and non-functional requirements business application projects and include the conceptual, high-level and detailed design specifications for build, implementation and support of these business solution.
- Assess implications of a given design current and future support model; and prepare an implementation and transition plan.
- Actively Collaborate, and perform the activities of the systems design team
- Understand and communicate all business process changes and highlight the implications on design.
- Monitor IS development and trends.
- Function as system integration and liaison/coordinator between vendors for solutions with multiple vendors
- Monitor vendors and build progress until delivery
- Organize and coordinate solution design sessions with respective stakeholders as per solution
- Develop an understanding and lay out a plan of the system performance and capacity requirements, standards and criteria to satisfy the customer’s business requirements for the solution.
- Liaise with vendors/business team for pilot execution and proof of concept.
- Complete an analysis of the customer’s business requirements, as it relates to technical infrastructure design, and ensure traceability of the design to the business requirements.
- Conduct and coordinate regular team/project meetings to provide feedback and receive input from staff members.
- Effectively manage stakeholders on the design approach for their requests
- Seek self-professional development to sharpen skills and capabilities in a versatile and evolving digital landscape.
- Foster active collaboration and relationships with employees across all levels and divisions in line with MTN’s VB and values.
- Drive Knowledge Management and Best Practice Sharing within own Unit/Department/Division/Enterprise-wide as required.
- Normal MTNN working conditions
- May be required to work extended hours
- Open plan office
Experience & Training
- First Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology and any related discipline
- Fluent in English
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in an area of specialisation; with experience in supervising others
- Experience working in a medium organization
- Experience in end to end design for enterprise, ICT and digital products and services
- Experienced in translating user requirement specifications and solution requirement specification into solution designs that is fit for purpose
- Experienced in SDLC
- Formal training in system design, architecture and systems integration.
- Specific training on functional business processes
- Elementary leadership training courses
- BA, BEng, BTech or BSc.
Application Deadline: December 15, 2017.