Mobil Producing Nigeria Unlimited (MPN) and Esso Exploration and Production Nigeria Limited (EEPNL) are subsidiaries of Exxon Mobil Corporation with a long and established history of operations in Nigeria. The companies’ oil & natural gas production business is one of the largest sources of revenue for the Nigerian government and economy.
As a result of organizational growth, career opportunities exist for ambitious and result-oriented Engineers to work in the capacity below:
Position Title: Subsea Engineer
Job Segment: Hydraulics, Engineer, Instrumentation, Engineering
The successful candidate will provide support to the deep water assets for all subsea related activities.
Job Role Responsibilities
- Conducting proactive surveillance of subsea equipment from data interrogated fromsurveillance tools and presenting insights on performance in addition to identifying opportunities to enhance existing operations
- Troubleshooting subsea flow assurance, control systems issues as and when they arise
- Developing subsea inspection plans and supporting execution of survey activities for subsea equipment
- Analyzing inspection results and conducting fitness for service assessment to ensure integrity of the subsea equipment
- Participating in, or leading various safety studies/activities such as: PHAs, HAZOPS, JSAs, and incident investigations for marine systems
- Supporting maintenance of subsea equipment, spares inventory and subsea tooling.
- Interfacing with diverse groups including vendors and operations/maintenance technicians on subsea related issues
- Providing technical leadership on all subsea-related issues.
- The successful candidate will have technical and engineering experience supporting operations and maintenance of subsea equipment for producing facilities in the oil and gas industry.
The ideal candidate must possess the following requirements:
- At least a Bachelor’s degree with a minimum of second Class Upper Division (2.1) in any of the following disciplines: Subsea, Marine, Naval Architecture, Civil, Ocean engineering or any other related engineering disciplines
- 5 – 10 years technical and engineering experience in the area of Subsea, marine, naval architecture, civil, ocean engineering or other related engineering disciplines
- Knowledgeable of basic subsea system architecture and equipment including trees, manifolds, jumpers, connectors, valves, chokes, instruments, umbilicals, downhole components, insulation systems etc.
- Knowledgeable of different types of subsea controls hardware and software including Master Control Station (MCS), Topsides Umbilical Termination Assembly (TUTA), SubseaControl Module (SCM), Hydraulic Power Unit (HPU) (direct hydraulic, E-H MUX), umbilicals, flying leads, instrumentation etc.
- Familiarity with operation of typical subsea system including general layout and process flow, chemical distribution, and control philosophy including safety systems
- Familiarity with subsea ROV and diving intervention operations
- Understanding of basic subsea equipment installation sequences including functions ofrunning tools, landing string components and Intervention Work Over Control System (IWOC’s)
- General knowledge of flow assurance considerations in subsea systems e.g. hydrates, wax, inorganic scale, etc.
- Broad knowledge of design standards, specifications and codes
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- Demonstrated technical competence and leadership ability
- Ability to take initiative and work in a multi-disciplinary team setting
- NYSC discharge or exemption certificate.
This position offer competitive compensation and benefit packages commensurate with what is obtainable in the upstream oil & gas industry.
Application Deadline: 4th December, 2018.