Rainoil Limited is an integrated downstream oil and gas company. A prominent player in the Nigerian industry, the company’s operations span across the downstream value chain i.e. Petroleum Product Storage, Haulage/Distribution and Retail Sales. Our primary products include Petrol (PMS), Diesel (AGO) and Kerosene (DPK).
Position Title: Tax Supervisor
Job Ref: RO-00054
Job Type: Full Time
The job holder is responsible for calculating, remitting and filing tax returns on behalf of employees and the organisation as a whole
Duties and responsibilities
- Participates in the tax planning process to ensure all tax liabilities are minimised to the barest minimum
- Liaises with tax consultants on tax related issues
- Prepares tax computations for withholding tax, Value Added Tax, PAYE, and Company Income Tax.
- Processes Tax documents for payment and remitting the tax liabilities, going to the Inland Revenue Service where necessary
- Maintains and updates relevant tax schedules (reports).
- Obtains tax clearance certificates for staff and for Rainoil as a whole.
- Monitors the activities and performance of tax consultants and makes reports to the Head, Tax Management
- Liaises with Financial Accountant to facilitate the prompt and accurate remittance of tax liability in compliance with requirements of tax regulatory authorities.
- Advises against potential tax liabilities
- Minimum of Bachelor’s Degree/HND in Finance/ Accounting or any related discipline
- Relevant professional certification e.g. Chartered Accountants of Nigeria (ICAN),Association of Certified and Chartered Accountants (ACCA) is an advantage
- Minimum of 5 years work experience in the Finance/ Tax/ Accounts function in a similar organisation preferably in an accounting firm
Application Deadline: 20th March, 2019.