United Bank for Africa Plc (UBA) is one of Africa’s leading financial institutions, with operations in 19 African countries and 3 global financial centres: London, Paris and New York. From a single country organisation founded in 1949 in Nigeria, UBA has grown to become a Pan-African provider of financial services with over 11 million customers, through close to 1000 business offices and touch points globally.
Position Title: Transfer Pricing Officer
Reference No: GF2018002
Location: Lagos, Nigeria
Contract Type: Permanent
Job Functions: Finance
Industries: Banking / Finance & Investment
- As a brand with Africa as the center of its business operations, UBA strongly believes in Africa and its people with emphasis on being global. We are driving the renaissance of the African economy through innovation in Banking, having successfully built a strong domestic and international brand with footprints in 20 African countries, London, Paris and New York.
- Our strong presence on the African continent is deliberate and it reflects our love for diversity and a multicultural system. We have about 15,000 multilingual, ethnically varying and highly diverse people who reflect the richness, multiplicity and uniqueness of the twenty (20) African countries we operate
- Here at UBA, each person’s contribution is valued and is important to the overall vision of the company. Your career growth is of utmost importance to us, that’s why you deserve more than a job. You deserve a tribe. Working in UBA admits you into our tribe. You will do the work that you love, one that matters to you and will be involved in cross functional projects across all our geographies. You become a part of the culture built and nurtured on values, resilience and dedication, a culture that make us a role model for African businesses.
- We are currently seeking to hire for the position of Transfer Pricing officer whose responsibility is to support the Transfer Pricing Specialist in developing and implementing the TP practices for the Group. The ideal candidate will also be responsible for ensuring transfer pricing compliance for the Group.
Our ideal candidate should possess the following:
- Periodic review of intragroup transactions to ensure that the transfer pricing policy is adhered to.
- Maintain pricing templates relevant to the application of transfer pricing policies for intragroup transactions.
- Reviewing accuracy of intercompany charges as required.
- Manage the preparation and filing of relevant TP returns (e.g. annual TP disclosures and questionnaires) in all jurisdictions.
- Manage the preparation of annual TP documentation reports (including master file and local files) across all jurisdictions including country-by-country report.
- Ensure all required country-by-country notifications are made by relevant group companies as and when due.
- Manage the preparation of the group’s annual country-by-country reports as well as the required notifications.
- Continuous monitoring (and periodic review) of inter-company transactions within the group to ensure completeness in reporting for TP purposes and also to ensure proper and timely documentation of intra-group transactions.
- Review of all inter-company agreements and transaction documents to ensure relevant TP considerations are reflected.
- Maintain or oversee the maintenance of relevant source and transaction documents required to demonstrate compliance with the group’s policies and arm’s length principle.
- Keep up to date with TP developments in all the jurisdictions where the group operates and communicate the impact of those developments to the group.
- Manage transfer pricing audits for all group companies.
- Bachelor’s degree in Law/Business/Finance/ Accounting/Tax (2.2 minimum) and professional qualification in relevant discipline.
- An Advanced Diploma in International Taxation (ADIT) will be an added advantage.
- Minimum of 3 years relevant experience.
Skills and Competencies:
- Comprehensive knowledge of the Transfer Pricing regulations; including the local documentation and filing requirements in African countries.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- The ability to speak French will be an added advantage
- A self-starter with a commitment to meet deadlines and able to take ownership.
- Team player who is able to work closely with the businesses and Finance teams.
- Willing to travel across Africa
Application Deadline: 21st September, 2018.