British American Tobacco is all about freedom of choice – whether it’s our people or our products. Combined with our entrepreneurial spirit, it’s what’s driven our phenomenal success. We started trading tobacco over a hundred years ago. Today, we’re a multibillion dollar company with more than 200 brands in our portfolio. With robust positions in each of our regional markets, our future looks equally bright too.
Position Title: Treasury Specialist
Job Number: 16691
Level: Experienced Professional
Appointment Type: Permanent
- British American Tobacco has an exciting opportunity for a Treasury Specialist to join our Finance team in Nigeria.
- To provide support to treasury operations in the areas of cash flow management, bank relationship and Import and Forex transactions monitoring with a view to improving profitability by assessing periodic liquidity needs, exploring funding sources and investment opportunities.
- To contribute to the continuing financial stability of the company by advising the treasury manager on liquidity status in line with counterparty exposure limits across Wes Africa Area.
- Support in providing appropriate visibility/escalations & reporting on key changes in macroeconomic policies, FX (foreign exchanges) exposures and currency control/restriction policies across the West Africa Area.
- Support and drive working capital management initiatives to drive efficiency of foreign currency operations that support the sustainability of the factory/commercial operations.
- Support Treasury Manager at achieving cost of capital and bank charges optimization; as well as managing liquidity / funding requirement to meet dividend & other intercompany remittance objectives.
- Ensure Treasury policy is strictly adhered to in all business transaction and Treasury decisions to protect Company Interests.
- Preparation of ad-hoc analysis and evaluations to aid management in making informed decisions.
- Liaise with banks on efficient and effective international trade financing method that supports delivery of business objectives
- Execute daily operations activities
- Improve accuracy of cash flow forecast to ensure optimized cash flow.
- Ensure reduction in the current level of trade charges.
- Prompt charge out of completed LC (letter of credit) transactions from BATN (British American Tobacco Nigeria) and its subsidiary books.
- Provide good support to the treasury manager to deliver on key business objectives
- Maintain good interface with other units within the finance department: AP (accounts payable), GL (general ledger), and cash management, marketing finance; for the purpose of achieving good results.
- Leverage on relationship with company bankers to achieve competitive cost of funding and interest rate optimization for the company.
Knowledge, skills and Experience
- The job holder must have a financial background with a minimum of 5 years post qualifying experience supported by a sound commercial awareness preferably in a FMCG company.
- Professional Accountancy qualification will be an added advantage
- Good analytical skills, with focus on problem solving
- Excellent communication skill, verbal and written
- Excellent spreadsheet and general computer skills including SAP and BPC
- Ability to work independently and result driven.
Key Success Factors:
- Effective liquidity management and forecasts that supports business needs.
- Providing an effective support to Treasury Manager on day to day operational issues.
- Implementation and use of financial information and tools in the company to support business analysis, business strategy and decision making
- Effective working relationship with all relevant stakeholders (internal & external)
Reports on a day to day basis to the treasury manager in British American Tobacco Nigeria:
- External: external auditors; banks and institutions
- Internal: peers; internal audit; all functions employees
Application Deadline: Not Specified.