British American Tobacco is all about freedom of choice – whether it’s our people or our products. Combined with our entrepreneurial spirit, it’s what’s driven our phenomenal success. We started trading tobacco over a hundred years ago. Today, we’re a multibillion dollar company with more than 200 brands in our portfolio. With robust positions in each of our regional markets, our future looks equally bright too.
Position Title: Warehouse Assistant
Job Number: 18862
Location: Ibadan, Oyo
Appointment Type: Permanent
- The purpose of the role holder is to provide basic warehousing functions of receipts, storage and issuance of materials /goods and to avoid damage or wastages in the process.
- The main challenge for this role lies in ensuring good knowledge of materials and finished goods so that he/she will be able to interpret material specification sheets and finished product code so that any mistake can be identified easily.
- The role owner is also expected to have a good knowledge of inventory management and possess the ability to work with a number of unskilled workforce to generated expected results.
- Maintenance of proper storage of all company stocks in the warehouse, effective receipts of stocks and dispatch to external/internal customers.
- Management of records in the warehouse in accordance with record management policy
- Ensure physical stock movement is posted in the system.
- Enforcement of compliance with BAT EHS/EMS guidelines in all warehouse activities
- Ensuring that accurate data are captured and sent out to avoid unplanned costs.
- Keeping all parties updated on issue that may affect production.
- Internal customers’ satisfaction.
- Ensure Self Development by improving own knowledge of the other roles in the department.
- Ensure development and implementation of Training & Development plans for self as agreed with his supervisor/manager.
- Provision of required information/data as required by the superiors.
- Minimize cost of warehousing through effective use of resources.
- Ensure good housekeeping in the warehouse at all times.
- Ensure that accurate daily stock reports are sent out to all stake holders on time.
- Maintain good working relationships across the supply chain, SMD (second manufacturing department), QA (quality assurance) and engineering departments.
- Maintain good working relationship with our external suppliers.
- External environment: The role requires interaction with supplier i.e. the transporters bringing materials for offloading and trucks coming in to load goods for end-markets.
- Internal environment: The role involves close interaction with SMD for supplying of materials
Knowledge, Skills and Experience requirements
- Sound knowledge and understanding of the warehouse processes.
- A minimum of OND in any Numerical or Financial courses. In addition to this, a good knowledge of computer will be an advantage.
- Good inter-personal communication skills.
- Sound Analytical skills and ability to work with figures.
- Ability to work under pressure and with less supervision.
- Computer literacy sufficient to be able to perform all physical transactions in the system and sending of daily reports.
- Experience in use of material handling equipment e.g. forklift.
- Experience in an FMCG handling large number of SKUs preferably with a manufacturing organization sufficient to demonstrate understanding of products.
Application Deadline: Not Specified.